Elders Quorum Lessons missing from Home Page

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
BrianEdwards

Re: Elders Quorum Lessons missing from Home Page

Post by BrianEdwards »

While it's a bit interesting that there aren't other Forum posts describing similar large-scale issues, it does seem you've got a number of local users who all cannot get this to work as advertised.

Two more questions (just trying to get more details in case that prompts another forum member with a good idea):
1) For those members who cannot get this to work, did it ever work for them, or was this the first time they had tried looking for the EQ lesson tile and could not find it?
2) Do you know if those members are also missing other tiles, such as the sacrament meeting hymns that appear an hour prior to sacrament meeting? Or does it seem to be specific to the EQ Lessons?
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

One of the members of my quorum texted me this morning and informed me that the Elders Quorum issue has magically fixed itself.
IamCOppertop

Post by IamCOppertop »

For anyone else trying to figure this out, if none of the suggestions from the first page work:
Have the person delete the app and re-download it!!! This worked with one of the guys from my Elders Quorum when we were trying to figure stuff out.
groverd

Post by groverd »

I was having the same issue as the original poster. I did as the last person suggested and uninstalled Gospel Library and then re-installed and now everything is working as expected. Thanks for the help.
marktforsyth

Post by marktforsyth »

I was having the exact same issue, and it turned out that the issue was: I wasn't logged in anymore! I figured this out after reading this forum, when I went to go submit a bug report and found that I wasn't logged in.

The thing that makes this strange is that in December I was certainly logged in and see the EQ lessons, and I've been using it consistently. Then I stopped seeing them around the same time that this forum was posted, so I suspect that's when I was logged out. I imagine that being logged out, suddenly and without any notification, may have been the cause for others who have faced this same issue?

If that's the case, there still is a bug in the app, as I suspected, but it's not that there's a problem displaying the lessons. The bug is that a few months ago, a bunch of people were suddenly logged out en masse without choosing or realizing it.

Can anyone else who's been having this issue confirm whether this was what happened for you? In any event, I'll still submit a bug report. Whatever the cause of this error, it affected enough people that it definitely merits feedback.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some people have commentated that they get logged out when a church app updates.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:54 am Some people have commentated that they get logged out when a church app updates.
This has happened to me multiple times. You can add a tile to the home page that shows your login status, which is what I have done.
BrennanJasonPearson

Post by BrennanJasonPearson »

Uninstalling, and reinstalling the app has solved this issue in the past for me.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

marktforsyth wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 am I was having the exact same issue, and it turned out that the issue was: I wasn't logged in anymore! I figured this out after reading this forum, when I went to go submit a bug report and found that I wasn't logged in.

The thing that makes this strange is that in December I was certainly logged in and see the EQ lessons, and I've been using it consistently. Then I stopped seeing them around the same time that this forum was posted, so I suspect that's when I was logged out. I imagine that being logged out, suddenly and without any notification, may have been the cause for others who have faced this same issue?

If that's the case, there still is a bug in the app, as I suspected, but it's not that there's a problem displaying the lessons. The bug is that a few months ago, a bunch of people were suddenly logged out en masse without choosing or realizing it.

Can anyone else who's been having this issue confirm whether this was what happened for you? In any event, I'll still submit a bug report. Whatever the cause of this error, it affected enough people that it definitely merits feedback.
About 3 years ago, Gospel Library switched to a new authentication system. For users who use the app regularly, the sign-in session expires after 3 years. We recently hit the three-year mark, which means sessions have been expiring for users who updated Gospel Library soon after the authentication change was released. Unfortunately, the Gospel Library team didn't plan ahead for this case (it got lost among other priorities because the expiration date was so far in the future). iOS Gospel Library was recently updated to handle this better, and Android Gospel Library will be updated soon.

It's possible that there are other scenarios that can cause the app to sign out unexpectedly, but for the majority of users experiencing this recently, it has to do with the 3-year session expiration.

Hope this helps!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”