Unable to sign in

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to sign in

Post by lajackson »

rskildum wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 pm . . . the message . . . said that I needed to update my OS or I would not be able to continue to use the Gospel app.
If I were to get that message, it would mean I would be required to purchase a new phone. Android has updated as far as it is able to on my smarter than I am phone.
ceagar

Re: Unable to sign in on my 'LG G4 Android 6'

Post by ceagar »

I'm having the EXACT same problem. I'm on Android 6 on an LG phone, so it's not just Samsung devices having issues. I get the same sign in issues for EVERY church app; I type in my username & am met with the same error message which is far from helpful, before I'm presented enter my password. It must be some certificate compatibility issue with the lower supported Android API levels like Android 8, 7, & 6. I can't add my missionary account to my lg g4 phone either, with a connection error to 'id.churchofjesuschrist.org'. It must be the church servers or something.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to sign in

Post by lajackson »

rskildum wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 pm I do not know if any of you have had the message that I received when I opened the Gospel App this morning. It said that I needed to update my OS or I would not be able to continue to use the Gospel app. Looks like I cant do that.
Would you be able to share what version of Android OS you are using, and what version the message from Gospel Library said you need to have to continue using the app?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”