Missing Confirmation Date of child on Mother's membership/ios sheets

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cambo1055

Missing Confirmation Date of child on Mother's membership/ios sheets

Post by cambo1055 »

I can't seem to find this answer to this problem. I have parents showing all of thier children on each record. The problem is that the confirmation date for a child is showing on the father's membership the confirmation date for same child on the mother's membership is missing. How can you edit/link the confirmation date so it will appear on the record showing a blank? The child has been baptised and confirmed.

I am a new membership clerk and would appreciate the help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm surprised the confirmation date even appears in the parent's records.

Is this a unique situation with this one couple?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cambo1055 wrote:I can't seem to find this answer to this problem. I have parents showing all of thier children on each record. The problem is that the confirmation date for a child is showing on the father's membership the confirmation date for same child on the mother's membership is missing. How can you edit/link the confirmation date so it will appear on the record showing a blank? The child has been baptised and confirmed.

I am a new membership clerk and would appreciate the help!

Is the membership record for the child the same on both parent's records? Are the names and birth dates exactly the same?

The only thing I can think of is that there are two membership records for the child and each parent is linked to a different one or that one of the parent's is not correctly linked to the membership record of the child.
cambo1055

Post by cambo1055 »

So far this is the only one that I have come across. It was on the IOS that I am having this problem.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cambo1055 wrote:So far this is the only one that I have come across. It was on the IOS that I am having this problem.

So does the confirmation date show up on the parent's membership record but not on the IOS?
williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

Print the Membership Record (not the IOS) for each parent and compare the child's Record Number on each. Do they match?
cambo1055

Child confirmation Date Missing on IOS

Post by cambo1055 »

subtlecoolness wrote:Print the Membership Record (not the IOS) for each parent and compare the child's Record Number on each. Do they match?

No, the membership numbers were different. Removed the child on the IOS of the parent that was missing the confirm date. Then I did a send/receive on the changes. Time will tell if the correction was done when I receive stuff on Sunday
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cambo1055 wrote:No, the membership numbers were different.

That probably means you're dealing with a duplicate record. You may want to read Duplicate membership records in the Wiki. Just cleaning up the parent's IOS isn't enough. You need to check into this or it will come back and haunt some future clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”