Non-Member name correction

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dennisorvaldavis

Non-Member name correction

Post by dennisorvaldavis »

A sister in our ward has informed me that her non-member husband has an error in the membership list. His given and middle names are reversed. So far, I have not found a way to edit his name. The LCR system came on-line the day I was set apart as membership clerk. The brother that I replaced had always worked under the MLS system. When we went on-line together, for training purposes, we were both lost. I've learned much in the past 3 weeks by browsing the system but this name change thing has me baffled.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Non-Member name correction

Post by russellhltn »

The only place the non-member's name would be recorded is in the marriage record for the wife. I'm pretty sure you can still change that in MLS. I'm not sure about LCR. There are a number of functions that are still MLS-only.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Editing marriage information isn't currently available in Leader and Clerk Resources, but version 3.3, which will include that, is in beta.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dennisorvaldavis

Brothers Hilton and Bradshaw...Thank you both for your replies. Now I know why I couldn't find a way to make the name change. Any guesstimate when version 3.3 might be released?
Brother Bradshaw, can you direct me to where you are obtaining your church related apps and sites? I don't have a fancy phone, just a Samsung tablet which I got from Costco.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Version 3.3 of Leader and Clerk Resources just entered beta for my stake, so, based on the last beta, I'm guessing it will be about a month. So, you will probably want to fix the record in MLS on the clerk computer instead of waiting.

You can find Leader and Clerk Resources by going to LDS.org (home page), then clicking "My Account and Ward" in the top right corner, then "Leader and Clerk Resources."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sbradshaw wrote:So, you will probably want to fix the record in MLS on the clerk computer instead of waiting.
Specifically in MLS select Membership > Individual Record, select the member, click on the Current Spouse tab and then click the Edit link in the upper right corner.
dennisorvaldavis

Thank you for your replies. As far as I know, the MLS system isn't available on the computer used by the various clerks. It now has the LCR program on it. I'll just wait for a month or so and then see if I can make the necessary change.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

dennisorvaldavis wrote:Thank you for your replies. As far as I know, the MLS system isn't available on the computer used by the various clerks. It now has the LCR program on it. I'll just wait for a month or so and then see if I can make the necessary change.
The clerk computer for a ward should have MLS installed. It is required to enter donations and for certain other membership functions still. I don't see how a ward could function without it. We have no idea how long it will be before this ability is available in LCR. I could be a month or two or it could be longer. I wouldn't wait.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

dennisorvaldavis wrote:A sister in our ward has informed me that her non-member husband has an error in the membership list. His given and middle names are reversed. So far, I have not found a way to edit his name. The LCR system came on-line the day I was set apart as membership clerk. The brother that I replaced had always worked under the MLS system.
When you were set apart as membership clerk, your ward clerk should have created an MLS account for you, and asked you to enter a password for your new account. He also should have removed the MLS account for the previous membership clerk, assuming his new calling does not require access to MLS.
Your MLS account should have the View and Edit Membership privileges.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

LCR does not fully replace MLS. It's going that way, but it's not there yet as some membership functions can only be done in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”