mls dial up transmission phone numbers UK

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
stephen500

mls dial up transmission phone numbers UK

Post by stephen500 »

Does any one know the telephone numbers for dial up transmission for the uk.
From Ward to Admin centre?
Thanks.
I have two begining 0800 and 0808, are there any others?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There are two ways to get the number(s). The first is to not enter any dialup numbers and then do a send/receive. MLS will dial an 800 number to get the appropriate number for your unit and then set the dialup number in MLS for you. If that does not work then you can call your area office, give them your unit number and location, and they can give you any telephone numbers specific to your unit and location. The 800 numbers will work but it is preferrable to use the numbers for your location and unit to ensure a more reliable connection and not have problems during peak use hours.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
stephen500

Post by stephen500 »

Thank you. I presume the church uses 0800 to keep costs down. I suppose using dial up to send church records would not cost too much even if it is not an 0800 number.
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

Hi Stephen, the administrative office in the UK sent an message to all stake clerks in January about MLS dial-up numbers for the UK.
stephen500

Post by stephen500 »

cottrells wrote:Hi Stephen, the administrative office in the UK sent an message to all stake clerks in January about MLS dial-up numbers for the UK.
Do you know what the message was?
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

For the benefit of other readers: I sent Stephen the text of the message via private message (PM).

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”