MLS 3.0 Issue: Expenses in Other

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jeromer7

MLS 3.0 Issue: Expenses in Other

Post by jeromer7 »

We are not a Beta stake. One ward reported they got MLS 3.0 and noticed the a couple of problems. If other units got the download (and I would be surprise to learn it only came to one unit in the stake) they took it in stride. The finance clerk in the ward that reported the update had this to say:

[Editor's note: The first issue has been moved to the thread MLS 3.0 Issue: Name Search.]

"Today as I was doing tithing, two things are not working right in MLS 3.0.
Second, I tried to put in an expense with monies from Other but all I got was a list of Budget lines and no other expense lines. When I tried to type in Other all I received was a Budget line."

Clerks can survive list changes, however, not that long ago the way the name list in Temple Recommend Activations was altered and then changed back, so there is hope that we might not have to learn all new tricks. If indeed, access to making disbursements from Other has been lost, that will have to be fixed.

Since this was apparently a Beta that slipped out, then there is hope that the Final will work better.
JLR
Jimmer-p40

3.0 Beta went out to some unexpecting units.

Post by Jimmer-p40 »

At the end of the week the MLS team was testing some fixes for the up and comming MLS 3.0. On Friday there were multiple version patches that were being implemented for testing. This MLS version was meant for a smaller beta group that was already testing for the MLS team but instead was put out to a larger directory by accident. My ward received this patch as well. Really the search options and some of the callings got changed around but over all this is a good solid build. We should take advantage of this opportunity to help the MLS team and provide some good feedback on this string. So lets do what we can to help them. At this point we should just post things that don't seem to be working properly. Try not to put things out that start with "It would be nice if..." The MLS team has been working on this version tirelessly, lets do what we can to help them and take this as an oppertunity to help.:)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JLRose wrote:Second, I tried to put in an expense with monies from Other but all I got was a list of Budget lines and no other expense lines. When I tried to type in Other all I received was a Budget line."

If indeed, access to making disbursements from Other has been lost, that will have to be fixed.
I was reviewing some posts and noticed that your second item has not yet been addressed.

I agree that it would be a huge problem if you couldn't write checks from the Other category, but I have tested this both on my stake's live MLS installation, and on the ward test data, and it seems to work just fine. I have no trouble writing checks from Other -- all the Other sub-categories appear as they always have.

The two places I know of where this kind of category restriction properly happens are:
  1. While entering a donation slip in a donation batch, and you are on the Budget line.
  2. When entering a transfer, and the left side is in Budget. Then the right side must also be in Budget.
Is there any chance the clerk was in one of these areas, but the report got garbled?
jeromer7

Other Not Broken Afterall

Post by jeromer7 »

Alan_Brown wrote:Is there any chance the clerk was in one of these areas, but the report got garbled?
Not sure what happened, but the ward clerk reported that when he tried this evening, all Other sub accounts were visible and usable.
JLR

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”