Temple worker calling?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kylehart

Temple worker calling?

Post by kylehart »

Do members called to serve as temple workers have their callings listed in MLS?

If so (and I don't see it) is it done by the ward or the Temple?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Temple worker calling?

Post by russellhltn »

At this time, I don't think any callings can be recorded in MLS. That functionality has been transferred to LCR. As to the second question, I'm not sure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

Ok thanks I don't see a way to do this in LCR so should I assume Temple Workers are not recorded in local unit records?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

We actually just have a custom calling to remind us that they are called.

This has a side-effect, however, of taking them off of the Members Without Callings list, so we should probably stop doing it.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

kylehart wrote:Do members called to serve as temple workers have their callings listed in MLS?

If so (and I don't see it) is it done by the ward or the Temple?
Answers to questions 1 & 2: As others mentioned, they could be listed if your ward or stake leadership wishes, and instructs their local ward or stake clerks to input those serving as "custom callings." We did this in MLS, but I assume LCR 3.0, when in effect in your unit, has the ability to enter a custom calling. There isn't a standard calling for a temple worker, which surprises me.

But the question is really what do you need from listing those serving?
Some of those spend a considerable amount of time in their callings at the temple. Our local leaders found it helpful to know who was serving as they planned changes in ward or stake callings. There was no other way to keep track of those serving other than an initial notice of their call, or requesting a list from the temple. To correct this, we entered them as stake callings, under the family history grouping, for lack of a better fit. The callings showed up in (ward and stake) MLS and LDS.org (and now LCR as well) and we could print off a "custom report" listing when needed (from MLS custom reports.)

Recently the stake presidency was given the ability to see a report in their LDS.org LCR that shows those serving at our temple, input and maintained by the temple, but I don't know if this is available to bishops on the ward level. I also don't know if it is unique to our temple or all temples have this ability. It's possible this new report of those serving may lesson the need to enter the calling as we have done in the past, as at least the stake has a record of who is serving. Others may know if a bishopric has access to this report, but I don't have access in my LCR 3.0, so I know access is limited.
(added later: If your stake presidency hasn't found this new report yet: I think it may be in the same place as the other TES (temple entry system) functions for a stake presidency member in his LCR. Stake Assistant clerks may not have access to it...)
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”