3rd Counselor and tithing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
satjo5

3rd Counselor and tithing

Post by satjo5 »

Our ward has called a 3rd counselor to the bishopric. When he participates with completing the tithing, everything is fine until the end when the two participants have to enter their own username and password. His name does not show up as an option for the username. I am assuming it has to do with the 3rd counselor position being a custom position. Any help would be appreciated...Thx
gregwanderson

Re: 3rd Counselor and tithing

Post by gregwanderson »

The church software doesn't seem to grant any access rights to custom callings.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think someone needs to have a little talk with a higher authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

satjo5 wrote:Our ward has called a 3rd counselor to the bishopric. When he participates with completing the tithing, everything is fine until the end when the two participants have to enter their own username and password. His name does not show up as an option for the username. I am assuming it has to do with the 3rd counselor position being a custom position. Any help would be appreciated...Thx
This is a recent thing but MLS now requires that one donation batch approval come from a counselor (or bishop) and one from a clerk (but not the membership clerk). MLS won't recognize any custom position as a bishopric counselor and I don't think there is anything you can do about it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I think someone needs to have a little talk with a higher authority.
We call them additional counselors. We have several, mostly in wards that have large concentrations of foreign language speakers. The additional counselor speaks the language and presides at the sacrament meeting held in that language at the same time the English sacrament meeting is taking place.

And no, with the latest programming changes, they will no longer be able to authorize a financial batch in MLS.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

And why have HE (or THEY?) need to manage thiting?
If it's (their?) main role is to presiding, finances could be manage by one of the two counselor.
As you said, "meetings are kept" at same time, so I presume, offers are collect for all?
Isn't?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”