Removing A User Who's Moved

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
SunnyCal

Removing A User Who's Moved

Post by SunnyCal »

How do I remove a user who's been released from his calling and moved out of the ward?
His MLS user account has been set to Inactive and is no longer associated with anyone in the ward. Is this a task for Global Support?
eblood66

Re: Removing A User Who's Moved

Post by eblood66 »

SunnyCal wrote:How do I remove a user who's been released from his calling and moved out of the ward?
His MLS user account has been set to Inactive and is no longer associated with anyone in the ward. Is this a task for Global Support?
If there are any transactions associated with the user then you can't delete them (and if MLS won't let you delete them then this is the case). All you can do is set them as inactive. They will automatically be deleted after the financial retention period (3 years + the current year) has past. Local Unit Support can't delete them either. It's a financial records retention issue.
SunnyCal

Re: Removing A User Who's Moved

Post by SunnyCal »

eblood66 wrote:
SunnyCal wrote:How do I remove a user who's been released from his calling and moved out of the ward?
If there are any transactions associated with the user then you can't delete them (and if MLS won't let you delete them then this is the case). All you can do is set them as inactive. They will automatically be deleted after the financial retention period (3 years + the current year) has past. Local Unit Support can't delete them either. It's a financial records retention issue.
Thanks for the quick response. A few of the accounts have been inactive for well over 3 years and we still haven't been able to remove them. It would appear that this might be a job for the GSD.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”