Elders Quorum List - HT Unassigned Elders - LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
blwavg

Elders Quorum List - HT Unassigned Elders - LDS Tools

Post by blwavg »

Within the LDS tools app out presidency is a little confused about how some of the list are sorted for home teaching. For example, from the app go to Reports > Home Teaching > Elders Unassigned Households. In there we see a member of our bishopric who is a high priest. We assume this is either a bug in the sorting or the record. If not then it has to do with our understanding of how the sort actually works. Anyone provide some insight on this or see the same issue?
blwavg

Re: Elders Quorum List - HT Unassigned Elders - LDS Tools

Post by blwavg »

Anything guys?

Anywhere I can go for help on this?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It's possible another user who visits the forum may have some insight, but if not, your best bet is to send in-app feedback. That way your questions can get routed to the developers (the forums are primarily user-to-user support).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Has the clerk looked at this person's records to confirm that they are a High Priest on their records? The other question might be to see what quorum they are assigned to as far as attendance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

You can "force" assignment to different organizations to some extent. For example, prospective Elders fall under the High Priests by default, but if they are attending the Elder's quorum, it may make sense to change their organization from High Priests to Elders. I have not tested this to see if it affects Home Teaching assignments, but it is possible that the bishopric member is showing as assigned to the Elder's quorum which could also make him assigned to that quorum for Home Teaching.
mwscws

Post by mwscws »

I am a ward clerk in a YSA ward on campus.
Can we change the default for members?
I have a few men still showing up as in the Priest group and everyone attends Elders quorum.
Is it an age thing? If so what is the time frame?
If i manually change it, they have an asterisk by their name and still are not included in some reports.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mwscws wrote:I am a ward clerk in a YSA ward on campus.
Can we change the default for members?
I have a few men still showing up as in the Priest group and everyone attends Elders quorum.
Is it an age thing? If so what is the time frame?
If i manually change it, they have an asterisk by their name and still are not included in some reports.
If a young man has been ordained an Elder then he should be assigned to the Elder's quorum by default. However, a Priest will be assigned to the Priests quorum by default until he is 19. There is no way of changing these defaults.

Moving them manually is the correct way to deal with this kind of situation. The asterisk just means they are not in their default class assignment. What reports don't they show up on? I wouldn't expect them to show up on a report that shows just ordained Elders but otherwise I'm not sure where they wouldn't.

Return to “Member Tools”