Calendar doesn't recognize my organization

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
janekathleenhinckley

Calendar doesn't recognize my organization

Post by janekathleenhinckley »

When I schedule events on the calendar, the only option I can select is the entire ward, and not the RS which is what I am scheduling as the president. How can I get the calendar to recognize me?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar doesn't recognize my organization

Post by jdlessley »

janekathleenhinckley wrote:When I schedule events on the calendar, the only option I can select is the entire ward, and not the RS which is what I am scheduling as the president.
Talk to your ward clerk or any one of the other calendar administrators for your ward to find out if a calendar for the Relief Society has been created and if the RS president has been added as an editor for that calendar.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar doesn't recognize my organization

Post by russellhltn »

janekathleenhinckley wrote:When I schedule events on the calendar, the only option I can select is the entire ward,
Clearly you are attempting to create a calendar. As jdlessley indicates, the first step would be to make sure nothing already exists.

Note that the calendar has no concept of organization. It only knows "ward" and "stake". It's up to each individual to subscribe or not subscribe to the calendar. If you name the calendar something like "Relief Society Activities", then presumably the sisters will know to subcribe and the single brothers will know to unsubscribe (unless you start feeding them leftovers). ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”