How to download the calendar training video?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
pwilson

How to download the calendar training video?

Post by pwilson »

Is there a way to download the church calendar training videos to show so we are not dependent on an active internet connection? We are doing a 5th sunday discussion training on the ward calendar and directories.

I'd like to download these: http://www.lds.org/pages/learn-about/cr ... s?lang=eng

http://www.lds.org/pages/learn-about/wa ... r?lang=eng

Thanks,
Paul
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pwilson wrote:Is there a way to download the church calendar training videos to show so we are not dependent on an active internet connection?

I went to the wiki page Calendar, where you can see the same videos. You can right click over the videos and choose "Watch on Youtube"; there are many options for downloading videos from Youtube. For example, I have Real Player installed on my machine, which gave me an option to download the videos as MP4s (about 20MB each).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
natet

Post by natet »

There is some interesting discussion regarding this going on over in this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... ss-blocked. I posted a blurb about the Youtube Terms of Service, and how it seems to indicate that using another program to download videos is a violation of the ToS.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The intellectual property rights belong to the Church. In the Youtube ToS it states
You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content.
(bold added for emphasis) The licensor of the content for the calendar videos is the Church. The ToS for the material and videos are covered under the LDSTech Terms of Use. In those terms it states
You may view, download, and print material from this site only for your personal, noncommercial use unless otherwise indicated.
The LDSTech Terms of Use meet the Youtube ToS for downloading the calendar videos.

The discussion on the other thread to which you linked is another discussion. Any discussions there may not necessarily apply here. We know the Church is the licensor of the content found in the calendar help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I think if you're trying to download a calendar video to show in a meetinghouse, by all means feel free to do so. The lack of download links isn't by design (for example, look at the download links for videos in the Leadership Training Library) but rather because there wasn't an easy way to incorporate them.

Return to “Calendar”