Plans to include Youth Curriculum

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
HintonBR

Plans to include Youth Curriculum

Post by HintonBR »

Are there any plans to bring the new Youth Curriculum into Gospel Library?
craiggsmith

Re: Plans to include Youth Curriculum

Post by craiggsmith »

I was quite sure I saw the manuals there this morning, but don't see them now. I'm assuming an update was necessary and they will be reposted soon. The videos are there.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Videos are there now. Pay particular attention that in the Instructions to leaders there are valuable items on using the media.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
joej

Post by joej »

Will content for February's lessons be added soon?
joej

Re: Local server for lds.org

Post by joej »

jdcr256 wrote:You can easily download videos to any iOS device using the Gospel Library app. Just go to Manage Library, then find the video section, navigate to the category of video you are interested in, and tap the download icon. The video then shows up in the Video section of your library and can be played directly from the app.
I posted this same question in the appropriate area, but did not get any response. So, will try it here. Does anyone know when the February lessons for "come follow me" will be available in the Gospel Library app? For those of us that are i-Challenged, we cannot start our lessons on Sunday without having the app get updated. We would love to use the new media, but we need it dropped into the app.

Any answers?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: The previous post was moved from the Local server for lds.org thread. It was moved to prevent forking that thread and because it would duplicate a post made previously in this thread. Please note the Code of Conduct prohibition against posting the same material in multiple threads. Instead post an update query in the same thread after giving other users adequate time to respond.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Local server for lds.org

Post by lajackson »

joej wrote:Does anyone know when the February lessons for "come follow me" will be available in the Gospel Library app?
Nope. No one here at the Forum knows until they actually show up (unless the person who does it at Church headquarters is on the Forum).

Experience so far (one month) indicates that they will show up at the last minute, either Friday or Saturday before the first Sunday of the month.

I did not check earlier in the week, but the February guides are available for download today. I just snagged them. Based on the lateness of their availability, I admit that I have not been motivated to check much sooner for them. Perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised in future months.

I agree that this is no way to run a railroad, but we here at the Forum are not running the railroad, so we are stuck with what we get. Perhaps at some point those responsible will realize that it would be helpful to have this information available sooner, especially since it is already available at LDS.org.

In the meantime, when I am ready to start planning March instruction and it is not available for download to mobile devices, I still have to go to the Church website where it is already there.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”