Kindle Sync Issues

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
tarasensei

Kindle Sync Issues

Post by tarasensei »

I am having similar issues with my kindle. My android phone app will sync just fine but anything that I add to my kindle causes a sync error and I cannot get annotations from that device to sync at all.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Kindle Sync Issues

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: This was split from the "IOS and Web App Sync Issues" thread as this is dealing with a different OS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Kindle Sync Issues

Post by sbradshaw »

Here are some common things that will cause sync errors:
– Commas in tag names (any other symbols, ampersands, Japanese characters, emoji, etc. should be fine – but commas will cause an error).
– Bookmark names, tag names, or notebook names that are too long (more than 256 characters).
– Notes that are too long (over 20,000 characters).

Some other things that could cause sync errors:
– Incorrect username or password (for example, if you recently changed your username or password).
– Your device thinks it's connected to the internet, but the connection is too flaky to actually send or receive data.
– Limited/filtered internet (for example, at a hotel/airport/train/restaurant if you haven't signed into their public Wi-Fi yet for that device, or an over-zealous web filter that's blocking Church servers [T-Mobile's web guard, for example]).
– Temporary glitch with the sync server (which would affect any device that tries to connect, but would eventually resolve itself).

One other thing to check – what version of the app are you running on your phone and on your Kindle – are they both on the current version (you can check in Settings)? The current version of Gospel Library for Android is 4.1.0.

Do you think any of those could be what you're seeing?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”