bookmarks in Gospel Library

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
katlen124

bookmarks in Gospel Library

Post by katlen124 »

I would like to see the bookmarks movable.

For example, I set one for the SS lesson, then need to move it to the next lesson.

2nd example, bookmark where I am reading in the scriptures. I would like to move it to where I currently am.

both could be solved by adding a "move bookmark to here" feature on the bookmark popup.
currently only a "go to bookmark" or "add new"
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

katlen124 wrote:I would like to see the bookmarks movable.

I just turn to the next lesson (or chapter when reading scriptures), set a new bookmark, and delete the old one. Not quite as simple, I suppose, but works well for me.
raugust2

ditto on the bookmark update

Post by raugust2 »

It is cumbersome to create a new bookmark with a creative new name and delete the old one each morning for my studies. I sent a suggestion to add this(esp. For Blackberry-what I'm on) and to have a shortcut key (like "u") for "update bookmark", or "m" for move bookmark.

I'd love it this happened soon.
katlen124

Post by katlen124 »

I'm on Android and I actually discovered that what I want exists already.

If I press and hold instead of click/tap on the book mark, a submenu pops up and I can change the book mark to the current location.

thanks
KatLen
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:I just turn to the next lesson (or chapter when reading scriptures), set a new bookmark, and delete the old one.
katlen124 wrote:I'm on Android and I actually discovered that what I want exists already.

If I press and hold instead of click/tap on the book mark, a submenu pops up and I can change the book mark to the current location.

Duh. Thanks for the tip. I use iOS and tapping the bookmark gives me the option to go to it, or change it to the current location. I never noticed this before (other than not paying attention) because when a default bookmark is set it includes the chapter title. If I change that to something more generic (Family Scriptures, for example), I am not confused by the large chapter title and the smaller location of the actual bookmark under it. I never tried to edit the title and figure it out before. I just added my bookmark name after the chapter title.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I should play with my iTouch more often.

Return to “Gospel Library”