Gospel Library for eBooks
|Mobile Gospel Library Project Index edit|
The Gospel Library for ePub is growing. The ePub format will work on Apple's iPad, the Sony Reader, and the Barnes and Noble Nook devices.
- http://lds.org/media-library/ebooks - pdfs and e-books of the gospel library
- http://lds.org/mobileapps/ - mobile applications
- http://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns - hymn downloads
- http://feeds.lds.org/Ensign - Ensign RSS feed including pdf and audio
- http://feeds.lds.org/NewEra - New Era RSS feed including pdf and audio
Right click on files and save to your computer as an 'epub' file. (Example: HolyBible.epub or BookOfMormon.epub). Some browsers may want to rename these files as ZIP files. If your browser saves these files with a zip extension, simply change it to an epub extension. Epub files are basically zip files but they SHOULD NOT be unzipped. Devices that support the epub format include the iPad iBook application, Barnes & Noble Nook, and Sony eReader, and many others.
How to install the Gospel Library ePub books on your iPad
Installing ePub books on your iPad device is very similar to installing MP3 files on your iPad or iPod device. Follow these instructions.
- Copy the ePub books to your local hard drive. One suggestion is to create a “books” folder in your documents folder and copy them there.
- Open iTunes
- Select the “File -> Add to Library” menu option.
- Navigate to where your books are located on your hard drive and select the books you want to add.
- The books are now added to your iTunes library. You should now have a “books” folder in your “Library” section of iTunes.
- Plug in your iPad device to your computer.
- Once your device is recognized in iTunes, click on your iPad device under the “Devices” section of iTunes.
- Next click on the “Books” in the main part of the iTunes screen. This shows you all of the books that you can synchronize or add to your iPad.
- Find the books you previously added to your iTunes library and make sure that they are “checked”.
- Synchronize your iPad and the books will be transferred to your iPad device.
- Download iBooks from the App store on your iPad. iBooks is a free app.
- The ePub books you've downloaded will be available in iBooks.
How to install the Gospel Library ePub books on your Barnes & Noble Nook
To install the Gospel Library ePub books on your Nook, follow these instructions.
- Download the ePub books from this website to your hard drive. One suggestion is to create a "books" folder in your documents folder and copy them there.
- Plug your nook in to your PC. After a few seconds, you will see a "Nook" device as a hard drive on your machine. For Windows, you will need to go to the "My Computer" section to see it. For Mac, you will see the Nook device on your desktop.
- Drag the ePub books you previously downloaded to your Nook device in the "my documents" folder.
- The files will have a .zip file extension. Rename the files to have a .epub file extension.
- Eject your nook device from your PC. Follow your computer's recommended procedure for ejecting USB devices from your computer to prevent loss of data on the Nook device.
- From the Nook home screen, go to "My Library and then select "View My Documents". The books will be listed on this screen.
Gospel Library== How to install the Gospel Library books on your Amazon Kindle == To install the Gospel Library mobi books on your Kindle, follow these instructions.
- Start the web browser on your Kindle and download using the mobi links above
- Download the mobi books from this website to your hard drive. One suggestion is to create a "books" folder in your documents folder and copy them there. The files are in a zip-compressed format. Once downloaded, you will need to extract the zip to your hard drive. Once extracted, you can delete the zip file. Once downloaded and extracted, there will be a folder for each book that you downloaded.
- Plug your Kindle in to your PC. After a few seconds you will see a "Kindle" device as a hard drive on your machine. For Windows, you will need to go to the "My Computer" section to see it. For Mac, you will see the Nook device on your desktop.
- Drag the mobi folder of the ebook that you previously downloaded to your Kindle device in the "documents" folder.
- Eject your Kindle device from your PC.
- From the Kindle home screen, you will see the new books listed on the screen.
How to Install Using Calibre
Calibre is a free software tool that allows readers to manage and export e-book files to their devices. Calibre works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
1. Download Calibre
2. Open the Calibre application.
3. In the top left navigation, click on "Add Books".
4. Navigate to where the e-book file is residing. These can generally be found in the “Downloads” folder. Select your e-books, and click “Open”.
5. Once the e-book is imported to Calibre, the e-book will appear in the Calibre Library.
6. Click the “Save to disk” button in the top, center navigation. Select save location, and click “Choose” to select your device. Calibre will update the e-book to your device.
Some users on Windows have reported that they have a problem changing the file extension when downloading the file. This document explains how to properly change the file extension of a file.
If you can't find the answer to your problem or if you've found a new bug, please email us at email@example.com.