Donations to Church Headquarters
Donations may be made directly to Church Headquarters. These donations are often made to maintain privacy or because donors want to ensure the security of large donations. Donations may be made by check, by wire, or as donations in kind.
Donations made directly to the Church are held in the strictest confidence. They are processed directly by Church headquarters, and do not show up on any ward records in MLS. If any of the funds are directed to the Ward Missionary or Fast Offering categories, they will show up on the Unit Financial Statement with a 4-digit reference number. For all other categories, details regarding dollar amounts are not available.
Donations by check
To send in a check for a donation make the check payable to Corporation of the President.
Mail all donations to:
- Corporation of the President
- 50 E North Temple, Room 1521
- Salt Lake City, UT 84150
Include a tithing slip or a piece of paper that states:
- Name and Mailing Address
- Membership Number: You can request this from your ward clerk or it is on your temple recommend
- Allocation of donation (see Donation Categories)
- Unit/Ward Number and Name
- Please note that the only donations your ward could see are for:
- Fast Offering
- Ward Missionary. If you are donating for a specific missionary, please also include:
- Missionary's Name
- Mission he/she is serving in
- Unit number of the ward funds need to go into (for USA only). For those members outside the United States, also include the home unit name where the missionary left from. Your funds will go in the General Missionary Fund instead of the Ward Missionary Fund. The Donations Department will then communicate with the Missionary Department.
The donations department mails out receipts twice a year. You will receive one in November (like you would receive at tithing settlement) and one in January (tax-validated receipt).
If you have further questions, please call 801-240-2554 or 1-800-453-3860 ext 2-2554 or email email@example.com
Donations by wire
To wire transfer donations to Church Headquarters:
Wire funds to:
- Zions First National Bank
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- ABA 124000054
For Credit to:
- Account Number: 001-20007-0
- Account Name: Corporation of the President
Originator to Beneficiary Information:
- Requested by ________________________ (donor's name)
FAX or email essential information:
- donor's name
- donation category or categories (tithing, fast offering, etc. and amount)
Fax number: 801-240-2202 — Attention Donations Department
Or email to: Donations@ldschurch.org
Donations in kind
- Main article: Donations in kind
Donations in kind are donations of stock, real estate, or other assets directly to the Church. These donations are often made to reduce or eliminate the amount of tax that needs to be paid on appreciated assets. Such donations are always made directly to the Church, as they have special procedures that require the donor to interact with the Donations-in-Kind office.