Adding languages to MCMS users
In order to add languages to users, you first need to get administrative rights from Samuel Bradshaw or another project manager. If you have the proper rights, the following steps will let you add languages to users:
- Make sure that the user has correctly joined the LDS Music Content project by following steps 1–4 in How to join the project.
- Have him or her log into the Music Content Management System (MCMS). They will be able to view the content on the MCMS but they won't be able to edit anything yet.
- As an administrator, log into the MCMS on your own computer. Using the menu at the top of the page, go to Admin > Add languages to users.
- Find and click on the user's LDS Account username.
- Add comments, if applicable – for example, "Vineyard at BYU," "Hackathon," or "Translation Department."
- Click the lookup button to the right of the Languages field and add a language by clicking on the language name. Add all applicable languages.
- Click Save.
- The user should now have editing access for their language! They might need to refresh the page.