1. Licenses and RestrictionsAll material found at this site (including visuals, text, icons, displays, databases, media, and general information), is owned or licensed by us. You may view, download, and print material from this site only for your personal, noncommercial use unless otherwise indicated. You may not post, transmit, or distribute material from this site on another Web site or on a computer network without our permission or, in the case of material posted by a third-party, the permission of the owner of that material.
2. Your Account
Some areas of the site, including making Submissions, may require you to sign up for an account. When and if you sign up for an account, you agree to: (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by our sign-up process (including your e-mail address); and (b) maintain and update your information (including your e-mail address) to keep it accurate, current, and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we reserve the right to discontinue your access to the site.
As part of the account sign-up process, you will be asked to enter your e-mail address and create a password. We may refuse to grant you a user name that is already taken, that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your user name and password and agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the site to any third party. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password and for any and all activities that are conducted using your account.
You acknowledge that we may establish general practices and limits concerning use and storage of content on the Web site. We reserve the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in our sole discretion and without notice. You agree that The Church has no responsibility or liability for the deletion, failure to store, or the backup of any Submissions.
3. Inappropriate Activities
While using this site, you agree not to:
(1) Restrict or inhibit any other user from using the site, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of the site; (2) express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent; (3) transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or that infringes our or any third party's intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so; (c) any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities, or other unsolicited commercial communication; (4) engage in spamming or flooding; (5) transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs, or other items of a destructive nature; (6) remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from any content; (7) "frame" or "mirror" any part of the site without our prior written authorization; (8) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine", or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the site or its contents; or (9) harvest or collect information about site visitors or registered users. While using the site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
4. Posting Material
You may be permitted to post content on this site, including files and/or comments in one or more forums. You represent and warrant that you have the right to post any Submissions (as defined below) that you submit to this site, either because you own that content, or because the license terms under which you use that content permit it to be publicly distributed without charge, and that your posting of such content does not constitute a violation of any obligation of confidentiality, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy, intellectual property right, or other right . You agree to disclose as requested the applicable license or other basis for your belief that a Submission can legally be posted and publicly distributed via this site.
By sending or transmitting to us software code, code samples, technical materials, articles, white papers, FAQs, e-mails, discussion thread postings, Web logs ("blogs"), wikis, creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, information, or other materials (collectively, "Submissions"), or by posting such Submissions to any area of the site, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, and import such Submissions in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions. None of the Submissions will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. We reserve the right to deny or limit your use of this site, for any reason or for no reason, including, without limitation, because you have violated the Code of Conduct of the site. We may, but are not required to, monitor all content posted by any users of the site. We reserve the right to remove access to any content, including content posted by you or any other user, for any reason or no reason, and without notice.
Submissions may be subject to U.S. export controls or the trade laws of other countries. You agree to comply with all such laws and obtain such licenses as may be required. You expressly agree not to include any encryption technology in a Submission.
5. Retrieving User-Posted Content.
This site includes online discussion features (“Forums”) to which many users may contribute. You acknowledge that information available in Forums may include content that is inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, or that contains harmful software code. We neither endorse nor are responsible for any content posted by a third-party, including any opinion, advice, information, or other utterance made or displayed on the site or in Forums. The opinions expressed in the Forums reflect solely the opinions of the participants and may not reflect the opinions of The Church.
We have no obligation to monitor content submitted by third parties, including any Submissions. Nevertheless, we may, at our sole discretion, alter or remove any such materials (including, without limitation, any posting to a Forum); we may also disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the site properly; to protect ourselves or others; or to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
6. Links to Third-Party Sites.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold The Church, our affiliates, licensors, suppliers, and sponsors, and our and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees), and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement; (b) any allegation that any Submissions or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with the site.
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," the textual logo of the Church, "Mormon," “FamilySearch,” “Liahona,” and others are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. Your use of this site does not grant you any right or license to use any trademark or other intellectual property except as expressly provided for herein.
For further assistance or information, you may contact the Church's Intellectual Property Office at:
Phone: 1-801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959
9. Jurisdictional Issues.
We make no representation that Materials available on or through the site are appropriate or available for use in locations other than the United States. Those who choose to access the site from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties.
ALL CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THIS SITE AND ANY LINKED SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INTERFERENCE, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE OR YOUR ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE DOES NOT CONTAIN MATERIAL OMISSIONS OR ERRORS, THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
11. Limitation of Liability.
NEITHER THE CHURCH NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, THE SOFTWARE, OR ANY LINKED SITE, EVEN IF THE CHURCH OR OTHER USERS ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF OR SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. (A) YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH OR HARM ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, MATERIALS, SUBMISSIONS, RELATED SOFTWARE, OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS, SUBMISSIONS, RELATED SOFTWARE, OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE; AND (B) THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF THE CHURCH TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO THE CHURCH, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE.
12. Claims of Copyright Infringement.
The Church respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, disable access to this site for users found to have infringed the intellectual property rights of others. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that this site contains a work that constitutes copyright infringement of your intellectual property, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
The Church’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Intellectual Property Office
50 E. North Temple, 18th Floor
Salt Lake City, Utah 84150-3012
13. General Information