Highlight Scriptures

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Highlight Scriptures

Post by sbradshaw »

Also make sure you're running the latest version of Gospel Library. The inability to highlight bullet points, titles, etc. was fixed with the new content format in Gospel Library 4.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jhammond

Post by jhammond »

I'm having trouble with highlighting the handbooks. Is that permitted? It would be very nice to have a record of the points I study as part of my responsibilities and notes for the inspirations that also come.

I'm logged in and highlighting is working with the scriptures in both the 'old' and 'new' experience.

On a Mac with High Sierra (10.13), Safari Version 11.0 (13604.1.38.1.6)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jhammond wrote:I'm having trouble with highlighting the handbooks. Is that permitted? It would be very nice to have a record of the points I study as part of my responsibilities and notes for the inspirations that also come.

I'm logged in and highlighting is working with the scriptures in both the 'old' and 'new' experience.

On a Mac with High Sierra (10.13), Safari Version 11.0 (13604.1.38.1.6)
Yes, you should be able to highlight in Handbook 1 or Handbook 2. Is there a particular chapter/paragraph you're trying to highlight that's not working?
jhammond

Post by jhammond »

Unfortunately I can't highlight anywhere that I can tell. One example is Handbook 1 under 'Duties of the Bishop' 2.1. When I highlight text I see no popup.
danpass

Post by danpass »

jhammond wrote:Unfortunately I can't highlight anywhere that I can tell. One example is Handbook 1 under 'Duties of the Bishop' 2.1. When I highlight text I see no popup.
When I went to check if I could highlight there, in the Leaders section of the library on lds.org, I don't see Handbook 1, although my calling gives me access to it. I have no problem accessing Handbook 1 through LCR.

However, I am able to open Handbook 1 in Gospel Library for Android and I am able to highlight there, including in section 2.1.
jhammond

Post by jhammond »

I can see both handbooks on my mac laptop but can't highlight in either book.

I also have an Android mobile device and can access and highlight the handbooks there. A good workaround for now (thanks!). The original question remains.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

When highlighting on LDS.org, are you using the old experience, or the new experience (Gospel Library Online)?
The old experience has had inconsistencies with highlighting for a long time. The new experience is much more reliable. Gospel Library Online hasn't implemented role-based content yet, though, so you'll only be able to see Handbook 2 there, not Handbook 1.
jhammond

Post by jhammond »

Thanks for the tip on old vs new experience.

I would like to try highlighting Handbook 2 even under the new experience as you suggest. BUT, I can't seem to access the option to choose an experience ('new experience toggle') when viewing the handbooks under LCR. But I can see the choice when I navigate to the scriptures.
danpass

Post by danpass »

jhammond wrote:Thanks for the tip on old vs new experience.

I would like to try highlighting Handbook 2 even under the new experience as you suggest. BUT, I can't seem to access the option to choose an experience ('new experience toggle') when viewing the handbooks under LCR. But I can see the choice when I navigate to the scriptures.
It sounds like you are expecting the Gospel Library study tools to be available in LCR. When you view the handbooks in LCR, it currently isn't the same as viewing in the library.

Go to the Leaders section of the web based Gospel Library, and open Handbook 2; there, you should see the toggle for new experience.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”