Using LDS Tools on iphone

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
tkane

Using LDS Tools on iphone

Post by tkane »

Why can't I see all events on my lds tools calendar on my iphone? I only see the worldwide and one or two ward events. It doesn't make sense to only see some of the events. Viewing on my desktop I see all events
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tkane wrote:Viewing on my desktop I see all events

Viewing which website? IIRC, it shows the events posted on the NEW calendar found on the lds.org website, not the old "classic" calendar. If your ward/stake has not migrated to the new system, that would explain what you are seeing.

The other question is which calendars on the new website are you subscribed to? I would expect it to only show the subscribed calendars. If you've unsubscribed from some of them, that could explain why you're not seeing all of the events on the new calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tkane

Post by tkane »

I see all the events for all my subscribed calendars (RS, YW, YM, Primary, Elders, etc. I'm subscribed to all our ward calendars) on my desktop at LDS.org. On my iphone using LDS tools I only see the stake items and the ward items I personally placed on the calendar which is a once per month "ward temple night." We have lots of events from the other organizations which I can see on the desktop but not on my iphone..
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

tkane wrote: On my iphone using LDS tools I only see the stake items and the ward items I personally placed on the calendar which is a once per month "ward temple night."
Did you place them there from the iphone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just for kicks, can you verify your subscriptions by going to Options > Select Subscriptions on the new site?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tkane

Post by tkane »

I did not place the events in the calendar from my iphone. They were placed on the new calendar by the heads of the organizations which they work or by me from my desktop. All my subscriptions i.e yw, ym, elders, hp, ward, etc. are checked at the new site. I am automatically subscribed to any new calendars. It is very puzzling and frustrating to not be able to use the calendar fully, and not having a backup in the old abandoned (by us) classic calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hmmm. Just assumed it pulls from the new directory. Maybe it pulls from LUWS instead.

Now that I think about it, I don't think the new calendar has church-wide events - at least not automatically. But the old one does - and it can't be blocked.

tkane

Post by tkane »

There must be some switch that I'm not seeing in the site in order to get ALL events to show in our iphones. Why only some events (by far a very small portion of the total events which a person sees at teh new calendar at lds.org) will show and not others remains a mystery.
jgthomas

Post by jgthomas »

I just heard of someone that was not getting all his calendar events. He signed on to LDS.org and unsubscribed his calendar, then resubscribed to it. Then he started getting his events from that calendar.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tkane wrote:Why can't I see all events on my lds tools calendar on my iphone? I only see the worldwide and one or two ward events. It doesn't make sense to only see some of the events. Viewing on my desktop I see all events

There is an option at the LDS.org calendar site to export calendars. There are some big issues with the getting of new calendar items onto the likes of mobile devices. Some of them seem to be Church related. Some of them seem to be Google related. There are several threads in this forum discussing the issue and its numerous workarounds.

I have found that the calendar in LDS Tools has the same problems. Some events transfer in, others do not. LDS Tools is programmed by volunteer developers for the Church and they are very responsive to feedback they receive. I would suggest that you send feedback via e-mail to the LDS Tools team and let them know of some specifics where you know the event is on the calendar (you can see it on your desktop) but the event is not appearing in your LDS Tools calendar. I have not yet done this myself because our local calendars are still in such a state of flux that the problem does not entirely belong to the LDS Tools software. But the calendar items that have remained steady at LDS.org still come and go at whim in my iTouch using LDS Tools.

The LDS Tools calendar does come from the new calendar at LDS.org and so you will only be seeing Church-wide events if your stake or ward calendar keepers have loaded them into your local calendars. At least for now.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”