Submit annual history online?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Submit annual history online?

Postby russellhltn » Tue May 30, 2017 4:07 pm

dellellison wrote:Who has some good solutions on how to more easily fit the annual history into 10-12 meg?
We usually collect all docs and put in a word doc and then print to pdf and then compress to zip file.
While we are collecting docs to put into word doc, we receive all different types of docs from wards.
We can only import the first page of a pdf doc so we have to use snipit to get the other pages but don't know if there is a better way.
Are there other text formats that will compress more efficiently?

Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but the first step is to insure that you're are dealing with text and not images of text. I know both Word and PDF will allow images, but it greatly increases the file space needed. The fact you're using snipit makes me wonder if you capturing images and not text. Simple cut and past (Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) should work if you're dealing with text.

Depending on what the wards send you, you might have to OCR or retype things to get text.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mcg30916

Postby mcg30916 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Online submission would be great - but could we start with just an upload feature or an email to submit the histories to. With .pdf and zip compression i can produce a 10 MB file. Just would be nice to be able to send it somewhere electronically until the online version is up.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Mon May 07, 2018 5:11 am

mcg30916 wrote:Online submission would be great - but could we start with just an upload feature or an email to submit the histories to. With .pdf and zip compression i can produce a 10 MB file. Just would be nice to be able to send it somewhere electronically until the online version is up.

See this post:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4523#p136605

And these instructions:
https://www.lds.org/callings/church-history-adviser/bc/pdf/stake-district-and-mission-annual-histories/2014-guide/2014-05-00-stake-district-and-mission-annual-histories-eng.pdf
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Reports and Forms”