Contact Phone Number for Church Finance HQ

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
robertstaves

Re: Contact Phone Number for Church Finance HQ

Post by robertstaves »

I have an organization that wants a 1099 filled out. I need the tax ID number and address to put on the form.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

robertstaves wrote:I have an organization that wants a 1099 filled out. I need the tax ID number and address to put on the form.
The stake clerk is responsible for completing Forms 1099 in the U.S. and has access to the phone number in CDOL if he has any questions on how to fill out the form.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:The stake clerk is responsible for completing Forms 1099 in the U.S. and has access to the phone number in CDOL if he has any questions on how to fill out the form.
Information on how the whole process should work (including what the ward is responsible for and what the stake is responsible for) is described in the Help Center article IRS Form 1099-MISC.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

galej1 wrote:I usually pay tithing on line, however I sent a larger tithing check (#1101) that was deposited in your DSB account on Augus 7 2018.
The problem is the check was written on a different bank account number than the one attached to my account on-line, so
it was not credited to my tithing account. Can you tell me where my check was applied?
Joyce Gale
If your ward did not connect this donation to your membership record, you will not see it online. The bank account has nothing to do with it. Your ward clerk or assistant clerk-finance should be able to fix this in just a few minutes and you will then see it online.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

galej1 wrote:I usually pay tithing on line, however I sent a larger tithing check (#1101) that was deposited in your DSB account on Augus 7 2018.
The problem is the check was written on a different bank account number than the one attached to my account on-line, so
it was not credited to my tithing account. Can you tell me where my check was applied?
Joyce Gale
Did you send the check to your ward, or directly to the Church via bill pay?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RosalineGkerdoe

Post by RosalineGkerdoe »

Who can I contract from France department to discuss the payment for the security in Liberia,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RosalineGkerdoe wrote:Who can I contract from France department to discuss the payment for the security in Liberia,
A list of contact by country listed here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rsgarbett

Post by rsgarbett »

We recently returned from serving an 18 month mission to the Australia Brisbane Mission. We have been unable to access the form we received last year for our taxes that indicates we were full-time missionaries for part of that year. In 2019 we were missionaries the entire year as we returned March 10, 2020. Please send us this information or help us know where to access it. Thank you.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Contact your ward clerk. He can contact the Global Services Department using the information found at the link provided by russellhltn.
123KSHafen

Post by 123KSHafen »

Yesterday I made my monthly tithing donation online. I accidentally (fat fingered) entered one extra digit. Therefore, I need to correct my error. How do I do it without causing an overdraft or other problem with my banking account? [Personal information removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form

Return to “Local Unit Finance”