Send a Message attachments not working

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Send a Message attachments not working

Post by zaneclark »

Although I have added attachments previously, today any email with an attachment will not send. I have sent a feedback, but wondered if others are having a similar problem.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Send a Message attachments not working

Post by sbradshaw »

How big is the attachment, and what filetype? Does it have a bigger file size than usual?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

sbradshaw wrote:How big is the attachment, and what filetype? Does it have a bigger file size than usual?
I tried both large and small, jpg and pdf, Chrome and Safari... Same result... still won't send.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I just did a cursory test and was able to send myself a PNG file.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

scgallafent wrote:I just did a cursory test and was able to send myself a PNG file.
I just tried with a png file and also used Firefox, which I hadn't tried, and also tried it on my iPad... Still won't send...
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I am using all Apple devices, so I tried sending an attachment on the pc in the clerk's office Sunday, still didn't send. I haven't heard from Feedback yet, but does anyone else have any idea on this?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

It's working! I have been testing everyday and today it worked. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is still working for my newsletter next week.
willispb

Post by willispb »

Somewhat related to this thread, I have been trying to send a pdf (~1MB) attachment to the Relief Society members. When I add an attachment, the "message" seems to go through, but I don't get a confirmation as the pop-up says I will. When I don't attach anything, I get the confirmation that it says I will. Is there something that causes the confirmation to not be sent when there is an attachment? Why do I see this behavior?
taftkyleseth1

Post by taftkyleseth1 »

I have been unable to attach any kind of document to the e-mail application. This has been ongoing for the last two or three months. It worked previously. When I try to attach something it shows up with the name of the attachment and lists it as a 1 MB attachment, which basically indicates there is no content. And when I send the message, the attachment does not show up. Are the IT folks at the Church Office Building aware of this? Are they working on it? How do I contact them to let them know?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

taftkyleseth1 wrote:How do I contact them to let them know?
You get word to the developers by using the feedback link. If there is not a link on the Send a Message page, you can use the link on any other page.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”