lds.org donation / tithing payment

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
josephjoseph

lds.org donation / tithing payment

Post by josephjoseph »

Has anyone else had issues with members paying tithing via lds.org / donation and having it submit to the bank as a direct debit (re-curring automatic payment). I'm in New Zealand. The option to have tithing submitted as a one-off payment doesn't appear. The donation is setup as a automatic recurring payment at the bank who then charge additional setup and ongoing service fees for each transaction. I understood that this payment method was to be setup as a one-off allowing members to exercise their faith and individual accountability in keeping the principle and allowing for efficient record keeping...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: lds.org donation / tithing payment

Post by russellhltn »

I've not heard of it, but I don't think we get that many from New Zealand. I'd ask the ward clerk to inquire with the church and show them what's happening. In the US, you have to log in and authorize each transaction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
josephjoseph

Post by josephjoseph »

That was my understanding too. I spoke with Global support pacific and they had escalated it through to finance. We've apparently had issues with the initial set-up and how it would work with banks here. Still waiting on their reply.
VirgilioGamotea

Post by VirgilioGamotea »

It is hard to do the online tithing payment now unlike before the church bank account is register to the bank it is so easy tonpay the tithing.Please help us in order to process not easily so that we can pay the tithingbas much as we can please
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

VirgilioGamotea wrote:It is hard to do the online tithing payment now unlike before the church bank account is register to the bank it is so easy tonpay the tithing.Please help us in order to process not easily so that we can pay the tithingbas much as we can please
Please use the feedback link or button on one of the donation pages to report specific details about the problems you are seeing. Guessing that English may not be your native language, it may be better to describe the problems in your native language and have the Church support folks do the translating.
samuwella

Post by samuwella »

Yeah, I'm having issues, also. My bank account apparently couldn't be used and the donation was reversed. I have been informed that I can no longer use that bank account for financial transactions related to tithing. Called up the bank and apparently there's no problem on their end. Trying to contact the church now...that is a feat in itself. I'm located in Australia, incidentally. Any ideas as to why, would be appreciated :P
1947dixie

Post by 1947dixie »

how or where do I add my checking account for the money to be taken out to pay the tithing?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

1947dixie wrote:how or where do I add my checking account for the money to be taken out to pay the tithing?
You must be in a country where online donations are set up (not all countries are currently set up). If you are, your best resource would be your local ward or branch clerk.
For me (USA) I log in to churchofjesuschrist.org and then select "Donations" from the list when I click on my name.
In the Donations page, there is a "Settings" link on the left side - click that link and scroll down to add your bank information in the "Donation Accounts" section.
barbararirie

Post by barbararirie »

it is extremely difficult to find the right sign on. I spend so much time going from one. .. I sight to another. i have paid online for a long time and it never gets easier. actually more difficult. I think I will just have to hand a check to the Bishop. More work for the ward clerk. I find it is so time consuming to find the right site. Tolday I failed.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

barbararirie wrote:it is extremely difficult to find the right sign on. I spend so much time going from one. .. I sight to another. i have paid online for a long time and it never gets easier. actually more difficult. I think I will just have to hand a check to the Bishop. More work for the ward clerk. I find it is so time consuming to find the right site. Tolday I failed.
Are you in the USA? If so, as long as you have a Church Account connected to your MRN (Membership Record Number), that should be easy. The donation URL should be simply https://donations.churchofjesuschrist.o ... tion/step1

That URL may work in other countries as well, but I'm not able to test that.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”