Mass Tag Deletion - Is There A Way?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dfechser

Mass Tag Deletion - Is There A Way?

Post by dfechser »

This morning my Gospel Library app is filled with thousands of notes. This is after, about a week ago, losing all but one of my notes.
I now have these thousands of notes with my own 20+ notes scattered among them. 99% of the notes say "Cannot show content because <some article> is not downloaded". Many of these are notes that I remember as being notes from several years ago which I thought I had deleted, many are duplicates of those (I had 20 copies of the one note which I thought I had previously deleted, for example), and I don't recognize a lot of them.

Is there any way to do a mass deletion of these notes? It will take me days to delete them all, one at a time, and I worry that they will simply show up again some time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Mass Tag Deletion - Is There A Way?

Post by lajackson »

dfechser wrote:This morning my Gospel Library app is filled with thousands of notes.
I would send feedback through the app. Then I would wait a few days, at least until after Monday or a response from the developers, and then see if another sync with the great and spacious server causes them to go away.

There may have been a glitch at LDS.org that caused this, and on Monday they may be able to fix the problem.

The bad news is that I do not believe there is a way to delete notes other than one at a time.
dfechser

Post by dfechser »

Thank you. I did submit feedback but was hoping there's a known method to do this.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I think the only known method, at least known to me, is to pray that some switch flipped on the server and that they can turn it off when they come to work Monday. And I admit that is a lot of nebulous "they" there.

But I vaguely recall that this has happened before and either fixed itself, or a sign out and sign back in to GL worked after the server was reset. That's what I am hoping will happen for you. But I would wait to hear something before I started jumping through hoops. Or notes. [sigh]
dfechser

Post by dfechser »

Cool. Thanks. I try both the reset tomorrow and lots of prayer today. :-)

Return to “Android Gospel Library”