GL Won't Open

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile
bellfamily4

GL Won't Open

Postby bellfamily4 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 am

v4.2.4.0 on Windows 10

On opening the app, I get green check marks by Signing In, No Cat Update, Syncing Annotations and syncing notebooks. Then, the hourglass just keeps spinning. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. The unsupported LDS Tools also quit loading. BTW, I have no problem loading the app on my Android phone using the same account.

This started about two weeks ago. Any thoughts? Thanks.

plamb1215

Re: GL Won't Open

Postby plamb1215 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 am

I'm having the same problem, but it happens intermittently and it has been happening for the past month or so. It normally works if I delete the app and re-download it, but that is obnoxious to to and really hard when you are in a church class (or worse when teaching). If anyone has a solution in simple English (minimal IT talk), that would be amazing!

bellfamily4

Postby bellfamily4 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Yeah, for me it started right before the class I was to teach. Sadly, mine isn't intermittent. . .it fails every time. I'm hoping this is the correct place for support. Given how many people use the library, I expected to see a lot more activity/response in this forum. Is there another site for official support?

bellfamily4

Postby bellfamily4 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:25 am

RESOLVED:

Following a suggestion in another post, I reset the app instead of re/uninstalling. For me it's under Windows Settings | Apps | Gospel Library | Advanced Options. Scroll down and click Reset, and confirm.

So after the app opened and I selected defaults, it stalled out on the initial catalog download. I again reset the app, but skipped downloading of the default catalog. So far I've been able to download individual items without issue. So it's working again. . .for now.

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:05 am

bellfamily4 wrote:I'm hoping this is the correct place for support. Given how many people use the library, I expected to see a lot more activity/response in this forum. Is there another site for official support?

This forum is user-to-user assistance. There are some programmers who visit occasionally in an unofficial capacity, but official support is via feedback from within the app itself (I think feedback is in the help menu) or via lds.org if the app refuses to open. Posting issues here will sometimes find resolution if someone else has resolved the same issue and they provide info on their success, but there are no guarantees that will happen.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”