cubs

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sorensonj1

cubs

Postby sorensonj1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:08 pm

I'm a lot confused and at a loss at the assumptions made by this forum and stake leadership that something like cubs is some commonly known term or acronym. This is my deep breath. I had cubs thrown out at me at a meeting with a stake clerk tonight and thought he was referring to cub scouts. I have a sense that is not the case as I have pondered my earlier meeting. Been a ward clerk now for four months and I feel like I'm having to break some good boys club secrets to get information and training. Back to deep breathing.

davesudweeks

Re: cubs

Postby davesudweeks » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:47 pm

The stake clerk was probably referring to the Church Unit Banking Services that was rolled out to the US in 2010. More information here:
http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Church_Unit_Ba ... ices_(CUBS)

I believe he is simply referring to the financial budgeting system currently used in the USA (and I presume other locations but I don't know that).

sorensonj1

Postby sorensonj1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:00 pm

Thank you for your explanation. That is exactly what the stake clerk was referring to and totally makes sense now. Unfortunately, I work for an attorney who regularly uses what are called defined terms, however, the defined terms are always defined. I see terms and acronyms used in this forum with the assumption everyone knows their meaning. I appreciate you clearing my mind.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:32 pm

sorensonj1 wrote:I see terms and acronyms used in this forum with the assumption everyone knows their meaning.

Unfortunately, this is true in many fields of interest. A list of terms, abbreviations, and acronyms commonly used in this forum can be found here:

http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Glossary
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:10 am

I have seen this as well. I'm not sure why people have a tendency to abbreviate everything, but it can be frustrating. :) Good luck!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:01 pm

Unfortunately, it's one of the things we do -- often to a fault. To push it to its extreme:

From The R.M. (the movie):
You're not just an RM. You're an LDS RM; who's trained at the MTC; who became a DL, a ZL, and an AP; who was promised long ago by his bishop through a PPI after BYC that someday he'd be the EQP. I smell GA!

waynecooke

Postby waynecooke » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:00 pm

And if you think the Church is bad, try the Military! :roll:

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”