Lds tools won't let me sign in

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
joshyoung9

Lds tools won't let me sign in

Post by joshyoung9 »

When I type in my correct username and password, it says authenticating then it says preparing to sync, then it goes back ro the sigh in page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Lds tools won't let me sign in

Post by russellhltn »

What version of LDS Tools do you have? Versions prior to 3.5 no longer work.

Second, do you have anything in your password other than letters and numbers? Things like punctuation or symbols? It's possible the app may not be translating them correctly for it to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SemiSweet

Post by SemiSweet »

I have the same problem on my Kindle. It was working fine until a couple months (or so?) ago. And nope, no misinterpretable pw characters.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What version of LDS Tools?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ronharper

Post by ronharper »

I have the same problem now on my kindle. Latest update available in the Amazon app store. All the kindles in the family are exhibiting the same behavior.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ronharper wrote:Latest update available in the Amazon app store.
LDS Tools needs version 3.5 along with the Android 5 operating system or better to work. It is likely your Kindle does not have a new enough OS and has loaded an older version of LDS Tools. Unfortunately, older versions will no longer sync because of newer security requirements.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

LDS Tools is no longer supported on Kindle Fire devices, even if they're running Android 5 or higher. Fire OS is a heavily-customized version of Android, which doesn't provide all of the same tools and security features as other versions of Android.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sscoville18

Post by sscoville18 »

I have the latest update on the apple App Store and currently I am unable to login. I input my username and password and select “Sign In” and then nothing happens. I tried just logging into LDS.org to make sure I had the right username/password and it is all correct. Thanks for any help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sscoville18 wrote:I have the latest update on the apple App Store and currently I am unable to login. I input my username and password and select “Sign In” and then nothing happens. I tried just logging into LDS.org to make sure I had the right username/password and it is all correct. Thanks for any help!
Does your password contain anything except letters and numbers? I suspect some clients don't process punctuation or symbols properly.

Also, make sure you can go to either the directory or calendar on lds.org. If you can't, then there are other problems with your account.

bchill15

Post by bchill15 »

I’m having the same issue. No problems logging in with browser but IOS LDS Tools apps is not-responsive. Can get to calendar and directory on desktop and mobile browser. No special characters in password and no calling (authentication) or password changes in 6 months.

Return to “Member Tools”