Date Released: December 20, 2018
New or Enhanced Functionality
Updated LCR to support the age-group progression changes that were announced by the First Presidency on December 14, 2018. On January 1, 2019:
- Aaronic Priesthood ordinations can be recorded based on the new age guidelines.
- Limited-use temple recommends can be issued for young women and ordained young men who will turn 12 during the year.
- Youth will be assigned to Sunday School classes, Young Women classes, and Aaronic Priesthood quorums based on the new guidelines. These guidelines direct that children and youth are assigned to a class or quorum based upon the year they turn a certain age. The Valiant 11 Primary class will be discontinued, and the Course 11 Sunday School class will be available.
- Leaders can record ministering assignments for 13-year-old youth in Mia Maid classes and teachers quorums.
- For more information, see childrenandyouth.lds.org.
- During ward conference, all members with callings listed on the form are now sustained in sacrament meeting.
- Removed instructions to sustain certain callings in quorums and classes during ward conference.
- Please note that outside of ward conference, leaders should continue to follow the instructions for sustaining members in Handbook 2: Administering the Church and the October 11, 2018, notice, “Sustaining Those Serving in Relief Society and Elders Quorum Callings.”
- Removed the assistant ward mission leader.
- Added the temple and family history leader.
- Added the ability for elders quorum and Relief Society leaders to print interview lists for each district of ministering brothers and ministering sisters.
- For units in the United States and Canada only, updated the patriarch recommendation link to go to the Boundary and Leadership Proposals site instead of providing a PDF application.
- Enhanced the Contact Us link so that it opens an incident with the Global Service Center instead of going to a Help Center article.
- Added a message reminding users that the Send a Message tool can be used only for Church purposes.
Fixed the following issues related to ministering:
- High councilors and stake Relief Society presidencies were unable to access relevant ministering reports.
- The past-day filter was not showing changes until the page was refreshed.
- A presidency member was not able to be assigned to a newly created district.