Bug in iOS LDS Tools revealing private member information

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
jedivie

Bug in iOS LDS Tools revealing private member information

Post by jedivie »

I have a member who has their private information visibility limited to leaders only, however, if any non-leader member clicks on the ward map feature in iOS tools, the private member's home address is now visible to non-leaders. Can anyone else confirm this? In my position as a ward clerk, I'll see their info regardless...just wondering if there are others who have had a similar issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bug in iOS LDS Tools revealing private member information

Post by russellhltn »

jedivie wrote:the private member's home address is now visible to non-leaders.
Just to verify, this address is visible to someone who is not part of the ward council, nor are they assigned to Minister to this member?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

There is a separate setting for the map privacy (in the map application). If they have set the overall household privacy then it should govern them all, but if they have just set their address privacy then that doesn't control the map.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Sounds like a legitimate bug or at least something that should be looked at. I'd recommend sending this as feedback using "Contact Us" in LDS Tools.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:There is a separate setting for the map privacy (in the map application).
It is a separate setting, but I see it in the directory app in the same place as the other privacy settings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jedivie

Post by jedivie »

russellhltn wrote:
jedivie wrote:the private member's home address is now visible to non-leaders.
Just to verify, this address is visible to someone who is not part of the ward council, nor are they assigned to Minister to this member?

That is correct.
jedivie

Post by jedivie »

Thanks everyone for the replies. I got swamped at work and forgot to follow up on this. I've been in contact with the correct people via DM. Thanks!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”