Map/List of Spanish Ward Members by English Ward Boundaries

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
tazamin

Map/List of Spanish Ward Members by English Ward Boundaries

Post by tazamin »

Is there a way to create a map or a list of Spanish Ward members based upon the English Ward boundaries?

We have one Spanish Ward with boundaries that follow the stake boundaries. Some of the local English wards would like to help the ward out in supporting some of the Spanish Ward members who happens to live within their English Ward boundaries but in most cases they simply do not know who lives close to them. (In fact we have lived here for 3 years and just found out the other day there were some members in the apartment complex next to us.)

I personally don't have any access any more as I am in for another round of Primary next year, but can make friends / borrow access from those who do.

Let me know if anyone knows any workarounds here other than a manual sort.

Thanks!

James
eblood66

Re: Map/List of Spanish Ward Members by English Ward Boundaries

Post by eblood66 »

If the Spanish ward belongs to your stake then you can just use the Ward Map (under the My Account and Ward menu on lds.org) and select that ward. It will show you the locations of all members in the ward who have their address visibility set to Stake Visible. You don't need any particular special access for this.

If the Spanish ward is in another stake then you'd need someone in that stake to look and build a list manually. I don't think there is any automated way to generate such a list.
tazamin

Post by tazamin »

Correct. The ward is in our Stake and I can see the full list and map with all the Spanish ward members. I am just looking for an easy way to partition it out by the corresponding English wards. Or even if I could just take the English ward boundaries and overlay them on the Spanish Ward map would be useful.
mevans

Post by mevans »

At times I think this could be a helpful concept, especially in terms of emergency preparedness and better fellowshipping. The only way I'd ever think the church would implement something would be if enough stake presidents told them there's a need. So, if you're running into needs, be sure to discuss them with your stake president.

We have a Spanish ward in other stake that overlaps some of our ward, so we can't see anything.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”