can i edit a post after being published

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
Goldplated

can i edit a post after being published

Post by Goldplated »

i know my posts are being supervised by moderators but my question is : what happens if i made a mistake and i want to correct the error?
i love you my savior: jesus christ
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: can i edit a post after being published

Post by rmrichesjr »

Others likely have more detailed information available, but here's what I understand: You have some amount of time (perhaps on the order of a couple/few days) when you can edit your own post and make changes to the content. After that, you can send a PM (Private Message) to any moderator/administrator and request that your post be modified. In the latter case, we'll try to accommodate requests. However, there have been cases when we have declined to delete a post that had several replies, because deleting the post would have left the replies lacking a foundation. Similarly, a wholesale rewrite of a post might also be declined.

If you do edit your post, it can be helpful to append a note that you edited it, with a brief description of what you changed (fixed a typo or spelling error, corrected a miss-typed number, etc.) so that someone who read the post before isn't left puzzling that they thought the post said something different when they had read it a day or two earlier.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmrichesjr wrote:You have some amount of time (perhaps on the order of a couple/few days) when you can edit your own post and make changes to the content.
It's currently set to 60 minutes. I'm sure that hasn't changed since our move to phpBB some years ago.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

russellhltn wrote:
rmrichesjr wrote:You have some amount of time (perhaps on the order of a couple/few days) when you can edit your own post and make changes to the content.
It's currently set to 60 minutes. I'm sure that hasn't changed since our move to phpBB some years ago.
Good to know. At least it's more than a handful of onoseconds. :-)
Goldplated

Post by Goldplated »

Thanks
i love you my savior: jesus christ

Return to “Help with this forum”