Syncing LDS.org Scriptures with the LDS Library App Scriptures

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
JDW22

Syncing LDS.org Scriptures with the LDS Library App Scriptures

Post by JDW22 »

I'm in the process of changing my scripture study from my elderly hardbound triple combination to the online scriptures found on both LDS.org and the LDS Library app. Depending on the day and circumstances, my scripture study will vary from one "digital/online" platform to another. My difficulty is when I mark a particular scripture or bookmark a particular chapter when using the LDS Library on my iPad, it doesn't seem to transfer that same marking or bookmark to my iPhone LDS Library app or my LDS.org scriptures. What am I doing wrong? How can I effectively sync my scripture study on these various platforms so they seamlessly update each other as I study each day?

Your help in guiding this old man through this issue is sincerely appreciated.
plyman

Re: Syncing LDS.org Scriptures with the LDS Library App Scriptures

Post by plyman »

I logged on to ask the same question, thank you! I have also noticed that the marking colors are different between my online and smartphone scriptures. This is difficult as I've started marking by subject on my iphone, but it isn't reflected online.
Thank you again.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

When you say "online scriptures," are you using the older content pages, or the "New Experience" Gospel Library Online pages?

Are you signed in with your LDS Account (the same account) on each platform?

Are the colors of a marking completely different, or just darker/lighter shades of the same color?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mcconkieed@comcast.net

Post by mcconkieed@comcast.net »

My highlighting and notebook categorizations made from my the iPhone app automatically sinc with the my lds.org account (laptop), but I cannot access my many comments made on my app in my account.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mcconkieed@comcast.net wrote:My highlighting and notebook categorizations made from my the iPhone app automatically sinc with the my lds.org account (laptop), but I cannot access my many comments made on my app in my account.
Hi! Do you see everything you're looking for at Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org? In the panel on the left of that page, the first tab should have all of your notes and highlights (newest at the top), the second tab should have all of your tags, and the third tab should have all of your notebooks.
mcconkieed@comcast.net

Post by mcconkieed@comcast.net »

When I click on the "notes" icon, I get my highlighted scriptures, but no comments. However, I did find that I can search terms and they will come up under "notes."
clarkterry

Post by clarkterry »

In the gospel library I use the underline style when I just want the text to show as underlined. When I want to attach a note to text, I use the highlight style.
In lds.org scriptures my underlined text (from gospel library app) displays correctly and the highlighted text shows my notes correctly. However, if I have text that is both underlined and highlighted, only the underline appears. The highlight and the notes do not appear. Can anyone tell my how to get my highlights with the notes to appear when they are also underlined? Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

clarkterry wrote:In the gospel library I use the underline style when I just want the text to show as underlined. When I want to attach a note to text, I use the highlight style.
In lds.org scriptures my underlined text (from gospel library app) displays correctly and the highlighted text shows my notes correctly. However, if I have text that is both underlined and highlighted, only the underline appears. The highlight and the notes do not appear. Can anyone tell my how to get my highlights with the notes to appear when they are also underlined? Thanks!
I tried to reproduce this scenario but wasn't able to. Using the online study tools, I created an underline on some words, then created a highlight on those same words and added a note to the highlight. Everything seemed to display correctly, even if I left the page and came back.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”