Cannot Print lessons & Conf Talks from LDS .org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
bigfatsam

Cannot Print lessons & Conf Talks from LDS .org

Post by bigfatsam »

Since LDS.org redesigned the web site, I cannot print the Sunday School lessons and any Conference talks because the page is not centred when I hit the Print button. I am using an up to date i-Mac and the 'Print" page just will not work on the Mac. However when I try the same thing at our Chapel on the Branch Windows machine, it works perfectly. Am I the only person in the whole Church who is using a Mac ? I've sent in a Feed Back response 3 times about this problem and I've had no reply, nobody responds. I've always for some years been able to print out lessons and talks, I live an hours drive each way from the Chapel so I can't visit there in the week just to do some print outs, I need to carry on working at home as I've always done. In summary when I hit the print button, the page comes up way off centre to the right with all the text off set to the right. Can anybody help please ??
SpigarelliSJ
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Cannot Print lessons & Conf Talks from LDS .org

Post by SpigarelliSJ »

I see the same thing on Safari on my Mac as well. It looks like Safari is seeing a much larger print area than it should be. I tried Chrome on my Mac and that worked. I don't know how feasible it is for you, but maybe Chrome is the solution for this problem until the Safari problem can be fixed.
bigfatsam

Post by bigfatsam »

Thanks ever so much, I didn't know it was a Safari problem and I never thought of looking at Chrome, it wouldn't have occurred to me to explore that route. I'll look into installing Chrome and see if that is the fix for me, once again Big Fat Thanks !!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I was able to reproduce the problem also, in Safari. I'd recommend sending feedback using the link at the bottom of LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bigfatsam

Post by bigfatsam »

Samuel, I sent a reply to you straight away but I must have done something wrong because it hasn't come up here as a posted reply, please don't think I was ignoring your comment !! What I was saying is that I've already used the FeedBack box at the bottom of LDS.Org, 3 times and explained the problem but I've not had a single reply from anyone, I feel that LDS.Org doesn't listen and doesn't answer. Please don't get me wrong I love the Church but my wife and I are really struggling to fulfil our callings since this new problem with the Church web site !!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bigfatsam wrote:What I was saying is that I've already used the FeedBack box at the bottom of LDS.Org, 3 times and explained the problem but I've not had a single reply from anyone, I feel that LDS.Org doesn't listen and doesn't answer.
The crew at CHQ is very small. Some would say understaffed. The feedback will be read, but they may not have time to give a reply. Particularly if they're overwhelmed by the problems caused by the recent change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MarkRusson

Post by MarkRusson »

It is not a Safari problem, it is a formatting problem on the church's side. Using the Chrome browser may be a short term fix but any problem on any browser should be reported so that the LDS tech crew can make adjustments. If they don't correct the issues it just causes problems for other members.
bigfatsam

Post by bigfatsam »

Thanks for your thoughts Mark, I'm reluctant to install Chrome just to fix a Church web site problem, I was kinda feeling that surely not everyone who uses a Mac with Safari should have to now install Chrome, especially as everything was just great before they redesigned the web site !! I'm just going to live without the excellent teaching tools that used to work, in hope that the Church Team will catch up and find a fix to the problem, if they become aware of it .
mevans

Post by mevans »

I wouldn't just call it a church problem. There are web sites I use besides the church's that have issues with different browsers. I just install Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE/Edge (Windows) and Safari (Mac) so I have the web browsers handy. If something doesn't work on one, I'll try another. Often times that gets around the problem of the moment
bigfatsam

Post by bigfatsam »

Yes I see your logic but I've never come across this problem with any other web site I use, I do get printing done from other web pages but the Church is the only one I have a problem with. I don't want to re-introduce other browsers, I had difficulty with Firefox in the past and I guess I'm being over cautious but downloading other browsers makes me feel un-safe !!

Return to “Main Church Website”