Moving a missionary funding account

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wallaced

Moving a missionary funding account

Postby wallaced » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:33 am

I currently serve as the ward clerk. A missionary received his call while living in our ward. His family moved shortly afterward. The gaining ward has not made an attempt to contact CHQ about transferring the missionary's funding account, so my ward has been charged for the past two months, putting this sub-account is in the red, since no one has donated to his account. I have contacted the gaining ward clerk, and my bishop has tried contacting the gaining ward Bishop, but to no avail. So....I assume the stake may pick up the tab for the two months already paid, correct? I don't know from what pot of money the CHQ is drawing from, since there is a negative balance here at the ward level. And how can we talk the new ward into assuming responsibility for this missionary? The members of our ward already support a missionary...l don't think we can support another one. Thanks!

drepouille

Re: Moving a missionary funding account

Postby drepouille » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:47 am

When the Funding Unit is changed to the new unit, the mission debt can also be transferred to the new unit. Either an effective date of transfer can be set, or the entire negative balance can be transferred.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Moving a missionary funding account

Postby russellhltn » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Have you tried contacting CHQ? I'm sure they'll want to check with the gaining bishop first, but I'd do that. If that doesn't work, contact their stake president.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”