Locating inactive member baptismal date

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
BrandonOlson

Locating inactive member baptismal date

Post by BrandonOlson »

I was contacted by an inactive member today asking if I could come up with the date of her baptism. She provided her name, DOB and the location where the baptism occurred. It would have been around November 1983, but I do not know where to search for the information. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Locating inactive member baptismal date

Post by russellhltn »

That information would be on her membership record. The ward clerk/ward membership clerk should be able to get that if her record is in the ward.

If she's living within your ward boundaries, then I'd suggest requesting her membership record if you don't have it. Otherwise, refer her to the ward that covers where she lives.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrandonOlson

Post by BrandonOlson »

I appreciate the response. I know the info would be on her record, but do not know where it is. She says she is living in the same area where she was baptized, but I have checked all the directories for the Stake and she is not listed on any of them. She has not been active for many years and I am wondering if the record was moved out thinking she was not around anymore. Just wondering if I can request the record using just her name and DOB, not knowing where it might currently be...
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

To move a record into your ward, all you need is the full name and date of birth. You do not need to know where the record has been.
BrandonOlson

Post by BrandonOlson »

Understood...I would not have been able to move the record into my ward if she was living elsewhere in the Stake, but I called her and she is within our boundaries. Problem solved. Thanks for the responses.

Return to “General Discussions”