Still owing the Lord

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Still owing the Lord

Post by lajackson »

denisegolding wrote:It is a week since I made a donation, and though it shows on the donation history, and I have received several emails regarding it, it is still sitting in my bank account. I feel uncomfortable with this, when will it be 'claimed' - I don't like owing the Lord like this.
Last Monday was a U.S. holiday. Everything takes longer because of that.

The normal process is not swift, but once you make an online donation, the Church actually records it, and then sends an ACH request to your bank for the funds. That process can take 2-3 days.

And after your bank makes the ACH transfer, it may be another day or two before your account records are updated, depending on whether you are checking online or through a bank app.

All this to say that I would give it another day or two before I worried about it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Still owing the Lord

Post by russellhltn »

I would double-check which account was used to make the transaction. When I first started, I found I had entered an account other than what I'd intended to use. :oops: (It was still my account, just a different one that I had set aside for another purpose.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”