The Book of Mormon Mobile Application

Discussions around Mobile Development
isaachoneycutt84485

The Book of Mormon Mobile Application

Postby isaachoneycutt84485 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi, my name is Isaac Honeycutt.

I felt I should reach out to this community willing to provide insightful feedback for The Book of Mormon mobile app.

One idea I have to share is what if there could be an effort to impart illustration to depict the different stories and events part from the text The Book of Mormon?

This could be powerful way for the UX not only to draw close to Christ immersing in the words of The Book of Mormon, but capturing their attention from illustration can actually bring it to life.

Here are my reasons why I feel this is absolutely needed:

-The Holy Ghost not only witnesses to people's hearts the authenticity of the words, by adding illustration you are giving the Holy Gost an effective channel to witness the record with imagination.

-Ever since we were young, storytelling is something we can relate and connect to. Coupled with imagery, I believe it can help teach with simplicity and for understanding.

-Imagery gives place for pondering and reflection from Lehi's dream along the straight and narrow path tasting the fruit from the tree of life, Helaman leading his courageous army of 2,000 stripling warriors, to the unequivocal apearance of Jesus Christ divinity among the Nephites at the temple in Bountiful.

-Creating original and quality content art for the mobile application can be cost-effective, and as this day and age, books can be both an audio-visiual learning experience.

-Just think of the population of people illiterate and learn from illudtrstion. According to a recent Pew study, audiobooks have shown to increase from 14%-18% since 2016.

I hope this can be taken with consideration and worth as I would love to be involved within the circle of developers such as a quality assurance member for beta testing, etc.

It would be an honor.

Sincerely,
Isaac

Works Cited
Perrin, Andrew. "Nearly One-in-five Americans Now Listen to Audiobooks." Pew Research Center. March 08, 2018. Accessed August 11, 2018. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... udiobooks/.

Return to “Mobile Development”