No Ministering Secretary Listed as a Calling

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
cledwards

No Ministering Secretary Listed as a Calling

Post by cledwards »

I do not see an option to call a brother as a ministering secretary, only the option for Elders Quorum Assistant Secretary. The brother that I have in that role cannot see the ministering interview reports that are now available (as of August 1). Is there a reason why I, as the EQ President, cannot assign him as a ministering secretary so that he has access to said reports?
Thanks!
Cody
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 9.23.29 PM.png
(257.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
davesudweeks

Re: No Ministering Secretary Listed as a Calling

Post by davesudweeks »

Capture.PNG
(31.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ministering Secretary shows up under the Ministering selection in the blue box under Elders Quorum callings
Capture1.PNG
(16.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
cledwards

Post by cledwards »

Thank-you ... that helped to know that I was looking in the wrong place. However, when I go to assign the brother to the ministering secretary calling, I get an error message (see attached screen shot). Thanks again for the help.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 2.50.05 PM.png
(178.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cledwards wrote:I get an error message (see attached screen shot). Thanks again for the help.
It looks like a temporary error. But if it's still happening on Monday you may need to call the Global Service Center and have them take a look.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try having the ward clerk put him in the calling. I think errors like that can happen when the backend enforces a different set of rules than what the front end allows.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:You might try having the ward clerk put him in the calling. I think errors like that can happen when the backend enforces a different set of rules than what the front end allows.
I wondered about that as well. I am the ward clerk but don't know what callings an EQ president can enter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:I am the ward clerk but don't know what callings an EQ president can enter.
That should be well within his rights. You might ask him to try.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Is he an elder or a high priest? Or a prospective elder? Is he an out-of-unit member? Those might be factors.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cledwards

Post by cledwards »

I think there's a "flag" on his record or something like that. The bishop said that he will be able to take a look at it. Hopefully that takes care of it! :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cledwards wrote:I think there's a "flag" on his record or something like that. The bishop said that he will be able to take a look at it. Hopefully that takes care of it! :)
If there is indeed a "flag" there's a good chance the answer will be to find another calling for him.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”