MRN Number in account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kpayne29

MRN Number in account

Post by kpayne29 »

I must have accidently registered as a non-member and I can not figure out how to change it. When I try to update my member number to update it, it states it is not registered.
JazmineBeckstrand

Re: MRN Number in account

Post by JazmineBeckstrand »

Hi kpayne29, I have been experiencing the same problem... Have you found a solution?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

What is the exact error message? The most common problem is if you created an account previously with your MRN. An MRN can only be on one account. Since a number of websites all use LDS account (including FamilySearch and mormon.org) you may have created an LDS account previous and not realized it. You can see if that is the case by using the 'Forgot your username' link and then using the MRN recovery option.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I checked both of your accounts (kpayne29 and JazmineBeckstrand). In both cases, there is an existing account with your MRN. If you don't remember the username you used when you created the account associated with your MRN, you can follow the account recovery process ("Forgot your username?") to recover your username and gain access to that account.
jpcarpeso

Post by jpcarpeso »

Hi. I have the same problem. I must have created. I am getting the error MRN invalid or that MRN already exists. I think I must have created 3 different accounts over the years. How can I retrieve the correct one please?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jpcarpeso wrote:How can I retrieve the correct one please?
Follow the instructions in the post just before your post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Kelseybfinlayson

Post by Kelseybfinlayson »

Hi there! I'm trying to help my mom with this same issue right now. Her account says that she's a non-member and when I go to enter in her MRN it states something along the lines of it's already attached to another account or is invalid. When I go to recover her username, in hopes that her MRN will pull up an old account from the past, I get this message when I enter in her MRN, "This recovery option is not available for this account. Please try another option." I'm at a loss and have no idea how to get her setup so she can make donations and do all the other great things that LDS.org offers with our membership. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Kelseybfinlayson wrote:"This recovery option is not available for this account. Please try another option."
You will probably need to work with your ward clerk to contact the Global Service Center to solve this problem.

Return to “Church Account”