Fast Offerings used to pay deposit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
daveywest

Fast Offerings used to pay deposit

Postby daveywest » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Preparing for an upcoming audit, I preselected expenses to test. One expense noted the payment was a utility deposit. I believe I've seen something in the past that says FO payments should not be made for deposits. Besides the guidelines in HB1 5.2.3 and 5.2.4, can anyone point me to a policy statement about using fast offering funds to pay deposits?

will227457

Re: Fast Offerings used to pay deposit

Postby will227457 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Hb1 5.4.2 do not loan fast offerings to members, Members are not required repay fast welfare assistance the recieve from the church.

This is the closest thing I could find. When you make a deposit you expect to get it back. Using fast offerings for deposits should be a no go. Local leadership should be in the loop and have knowledge of this.

dpace1

Re: Fast Offerings used to pay deposit

Postby dpace1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:53 pm

Church assistance is not used to pay members debts. A deposit would be considered a debt or personal obligation.( Re: welfare section of handbook 1). Your Bishop or Branch President should help you find the section.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”