Gospel Library 5.0 for iOS has been released and is available on the iOS App Store. Here are some of the changes:
• Added chapter grid for quicker navigation in the scriptures.
• Added Speakers and Topics tabs in the General Conference section.
• Added speaker names to subtitles for general conference talks in search, bookmarks, notes, etc.
• Reduced the size of the app by downloading and storing content more efficiently.
• Improved process for creating, editing, and removing cross-reference links.
• Updated verse call-out style when following links.
• Updated Downloads section in Settings to manage downloaded books and media.
• Consolidated the two back buttons into a single back button in the top left.
• Added long-press to the upper back button to show navigation history.
• Moved Settings to the bottom toolbar for easier access.
• Added in-app form for sending feedback (under Settings).
• Simplified items displayed in Settings section.
• Added support for universal links using Gospel Library Online URLs.
• Reduced time for search results to display.
• Bug where downloads timed out too quickly on a slow internet connection.
• Bug where downloaded videos didn’t always play offline.
• Bug where audio didn’t resume correctly after a phone call.
• Bug where highlighting and tagging was sluggish for users with a lot of annotations.
• Bug where URLs in personal notes didn’t work correctly as hyperlinks.
• Bug where following a link caused the sidebar to close on an iPad.
• Bug where the app remembered your scroll position when returning to a chapter months later.
• Bug where bottom toolbar reappeared after switching chapters in full screen mode.
• Bug where a missing quotation mark in an exact phrase search caused the app to crash.
• Bug where separator lines were appearing in the right column when viewing personal notes.
• Theme colors in several places.
Gospel Library 5.0 for iOS requires iOS 10 or greater. It uses a new content version (separate catalogs for each language, more efficient packaging/compression for books, and more efficient packaging for fonts and stylesheets). The previous content version (which was introduced in December 2016 with Gospel Library 4) will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future (at least until mid-2019), for those users on older devices.
Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I personally love The new library app but a friend has an older iPad and can’t download any LDS apps. They complain that it requires IOS 10. How do I get legacy versions for her old iPad or is she stuck? She’s a bit older and her daughter have her her old iPad which will only reach 9.3 with updates
thetechfort wrote:How do I get legacy versions for her old iPad or is she stuck? She’s a bit older and her daughter have her her old iPad which will only reach 9.3 with updates
If she goes to the App Store, the most recent version of Gospel Library that supports her iPad will be available to install (if she's on iOS 9.3.5, that's Gospel Library 4.4.0 for iOS).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests