Convert Baptism Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brown67

Convert Baptism Record

Post by brown67 »

Who creates the membership record of a new convert baptism?
eblood66

Re: Convert Baptism Record

Post by eblood66 »

The mission office.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Sometimes you have to keep pestering the missionaries to get the paperwork to the mission office. We have seen that take up to two months.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
carloswm85

Post by carloswm85 »

Where do I have to go to contact the developing team of CDE? I have some feedback.
Charity never faileth.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Does CDE have a Feedback link? If not, just use the Feedback link on any lds.org page.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

drepouille wrote:Does CDE have a Feedback link? If not, just use the Feedback link on any lds.org page.
CDE is a desktop app that is basically a stripped down version of MLS. It's possible that a feedback link would get to the right place but calling the missionary department might be more likely. The developers don't make decisions about changes. It's the product manager and general authorities of the sponsoring department that makes those decisions and that would be the missionary department here. So I'd recommend using whatever technical support mechanism there is for mission offices. I don't know what that is.

However, I really doubt that any changes will be made to CDE at this point. I'm pretty sure its functionality will be moved to a web based tool before too long since the MLS program it is based on is being phased out.

However, depending on the nature of the feedback it might be useful when they work on the replacement.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A couple of things the CDE replacement needs: A way to link a convert baptism with a member spouse. Also, a way to create (with permission) a Child of Record for convert families.

That seems to be two things missions tend to mess up and it falls on the ward to have to fix.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”