GDPR - Marriage box needed

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
TobiasD

GDPR - Marriage box needed

Post by TobiasD »

Hi!

I have an ethical/legal problem with marriage records in Sweden. We have a member in our branch who is married but her husband is not a member. According to Swedish and now European computer integrity laws, we're not allowed to store personal information on him without his consent. He has not been asked and we believe he wouldn't take it well, so the member is recorded as not married in the MLS right now.

What I would wish is the functionality of having a box with the label "married". By clicking there, no further information is needed, but the member can be recognized as being married. Or perhaps a box for "non-member" so that you don't have to fill in all the personal information. I will not be able to label her as married until that functionality is available.

What do you think? Is that something that could be developed? Anyone else having the same issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: GDPR - Marriage box needed

Post by russellhltn »

This forum is primarily user-to-user support. We don't have a voice in the features.

Here is the Church Data Privacy Statement—Sweden which includes a contact in case you have any concerns. I'd suggest contacting them with your suggestion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: GDPR - Marriage box needed

Post by sbradshaw »

Which fields are required when you record a marriage? Could you just put in "Husband" or "Brother [last name, based on wife's name]" as the name of the husband?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”