Gospel Library is not working

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

SLindseyK

Re: Gospel Library is not working

Post by SLindseyK »

slindseyk wrote:Mine quit working as well. The same as others that posted...I don't get an error message, it just crashes and goes back to my Start page. I have a Lumia 735, running Windows OS build 10.0.14393.2363. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It will ask me to select my language, theme, and color, prompt me to download a few common books (I select NO here), which it then goes to the screen for "Initializing application"...spins for a minute, then shuts down/quits.
I should also state that when trying to start, the app will occasionally throw up a screen that says "Confirm: App restart required after full catalog downloads. Restart app now?". If I click yes, it closes and does not restart.
carsonm

Re: Gospel Library is not working- Win 10 mobile

Post by carsonm »

Thanks for the feedback and detailed information. The team is looking into what might be causing the issue on certain Windows 10 mobile devices.
dmtm1976

Post by dmtm1976 »

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I also have an iPhone 6. I have successfully accessed Gospel Library on both devices for the past couple of years. About 2 weeks ago that all stopped on my Surface Pro. I can still use Gospel Library on my phone, but it will no longer work on my Surface Pro. It is doing exactly the same thing as is being reported by others in the comments in this thread. I’ve removed & reinstalled twice &, of course, rebooted my Surface Pro. Microsoft support remote accessed my Surface Pro & they said that the problem is with LDS Library, not my device or connection. PLEASE FIX THIS.
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

@ dmtm1976, What version of Windows 10 are you running on your Surface Pro 3? You can find it in Settings/System/About If you have I believe either version 1703, 1709 or 1803, you can do an App reset (not an uninstall) to see if that helps. I know that sometimes that has helped. Otherwise you can see about updating to one of these versions of Windows 10 or if you have earlier version, it might be related to what we seem to be seeing on some of the Win 10 mobile devices (with version 1607) and it is being looked into. Hope that helps.

Windows 10 app reset
Open the Settings app, and reset a desired app. Here's how to do that:
Open Settings.
Go to System > Apps & features.
Find an app you want to reset, and click on Advanced options.
Just click the Reset button.
edwin.gonzalez

Post by edwin.gonzalez »

I have a Nokia Lumia 635, with windows 10 ver 1607. Gospel library was working fine until 3rd week of july. After that date, app failled, uninstalled and re-installed several times but it didn't work. After downloaded the books, the go to apply initial settings and it takes 10 minutes and then it crashes. The gospel library works fine in win 10 pc version, but same app installed in the SD or phone internal memory, is not working. I believe the problem is trsying to get an additional file from web or creating a file during initial setting stage. GL or GLB don't work on win10 1603.
Wylie_Coyote

Post by Wylie_Coyote »

Wylie_Coyote wrote:Same problem with my Lumia 830 running Windows 10 version 1607. It is fully updated. The LDS app starts and gets to "Initializing application for first use" and then shutsdown back to my main screen.
I understand that Microsoft is not updating some of these phones to a newer version. Mine will be stuck on Version 1607. The LDS app version that had no trouble was 3.1.6. Can this be put out for us users that the LDS app update won't work on?
Wylie_Coyote

Post by Wylie_Coyote »

Wylie_Coyote wrote:Same problem with my Lumia 830 running Windows 10 version 1607. It is fully updated. The LDS app starts and gets to "Initializing application for first use" and then shutsdown back to my main screen.
What is the difference between version 3.1.8 and 4.2.2. Version 3.1.8 worked just fine.
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

Quick update. The team is looking into the issue and we hope to have a resolution soon. Thanks for the input, to help us isolate the issue. Hang in there, while it is being looked into. It will all work out as it should.
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

Just received an update (4.2.3.x) to the Gospel Library Beta (testing version) app not the production version and it worked on my Lumina 735 (running Win 10 mobile version 1607) and so far, does not seem to affect those with other versions of Windows 10 both mobile and otherwise. Further testing is needed. If you want to try out the Beta version and help test it out, you can find it here. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gospe ... zdncrdfdcd I tend to have both the production and Beta versions running on my Windows 10 devices, but that is just me.
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

Good news, update 4.2.4.x just became available to the production version of GL and it fixes the issue on Windows 10 Mobile devices running version 1607. I just tried it out.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”