Out of Unit Callings do not show in Home Ward Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kreeve

Out of Unit Callings do not show in Home Ward Directory

Post by kreeve »

What is the reason/logic why out of unit callings do not show up in the directory for the home ward? They are prefaced with the unit the calling is located in for those who can see them.
mevans

Re: Out of Unit Callings do not show in Home Ward Directory

Post by mevans »

If you're referring specifically to the online directory at lds.org: that app hasn't been updated in a long time. If you see the behavior in LDS Tools, but not in Directory, that could be a reason why.
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

Out of Unit callings on individuals listing do not show up in either LDS.org or LDS Tools App. For example about a dozen people in my ward serve in local YSA Stakes/Wards. Those units are outside our Stake/ward. So if I browse to their listing in the online app, or LDS Tools App, they have no callings listed. However we have an Area Authority in our Stake, and he shows up with his out of Unit calling in tack.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I do not know the answer, but I can think of a couple of reasons it might be that way for the membership at large:
  • They don't have a need to contact them in the capacity of their calling. If they did, they'd be looking in that ward's page.
  • Reduce confusion. The general membership, some of whom are not very active may not understand the calling is for a different unit and doesn't apply to their situation.
It sounds like the ward leadership does see the calling, so they know they're not available to fulfill a calling in the ward.

I guess I'm not able to build a strong case for the "need to know" for the "rank-and-file" membership of the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”