Unlocking a missionary phone that was mailed home

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Johnkroeger

Unlocking a missionary phone that was mailed home

Post by Johnkroeger »

Hi! My sister is curently serving in the Boise Idaho Mission. The phone we sent her for her missionary service was not ideal so she sent it home. However her phone is still locked up with the missionary security system and we would like to use it. How can I unlock her old phone?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Unlocking a missionary phone that was mailed home

Post by lajackson »

I don't know the answer to this one, but I have two suggestions.

Try contacting the mission office and see if they are able to do it. I do not know if mission offices do these things, but they will know who does. Perhaps you missionary should be the one to make the contact.

Ask your ward clerk to contact the Global Service Center and see if they are able to do it.
jrbarrow

Re: Unlocking a missionary phone that was mailed home

Post by jrbarrow »

HI! I cam across this post and it looks like your sister in the mission field would nee to get in touch with the mission office and they would call the Global Service Center on her behalf explaining the issue. From here the mission support team should be able to resolve the issue in a timely manner so that you should be able to use the device as you would without the restrictions.

If you have any questions, let me know and I would be more than happy to help!

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussions”