Checks Re-ordering

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

Checks Re-ordering

Post by cchang »

We ran out of checks and I am looking to re-order some more. How do we re-order checks? Also, is there a way to find out which check numbering is next on the order? For example, the last check number #850 was submitted so should the next check order number start at #851? Who could verify this is correct or do we specify this during order?
drepouille

Re: Checks Re-ordering

Post by drepouille »

You do not need to order blank check stock. Once your supply of check stock reaches 50 or fewer blank checks, blank check stock is automatically ordered and sent to your unit.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/orderi ... e-supplies
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Because checks should have been sent automatically to your unit already, I would do two things.

Ask your bishop if he has received a box of checks. They should have been sent to his mailing address. If he has not received them, call the Global Service Center and ask for the Finance Department. They will be able to see when or if the new supply of blank check stock has been sent, and they will be able to send a supply if something has happened.
cchang

Post by cchang »

lajackson wrote:Because checks should have been sent automatically to your unit already, I would do two things.

Ask your bishop if he has received a box of checks. They should have been sent to his mailing address. If he has not received them, call the Global Service Center and ask for the Finance Department. They will be able to see when or if the new supply of blank check stock has been sent, and they will be able to send a supply if something has happened.
Interesting that they are automatically ordered if you fall below 50 in stock. We haven't received any and if my memory serves correct, we did have some in stock. In the event the checks were stolen, what do I need to do in this case for all remaining unused check numbers that were stolen? Can I call the Global Service Center to verify what was actually received, used and void any that were stolen and reorder them?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cchang wrote:Can I call the Global Service Center to verify what was actually received, used and void any that were stolen and reorder them?
If you believe check stock has been stolen or is missing and cannot be found, you should contact the GSC immediately. They will connect you to the Finance Department who will give you further instructions.

Make sure you and another member of the bishopric have conducted a thorough search of the clerk's office for the missing check stock. It should have been locked up in the file cabinet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to take a look at how many checks you write. Odds are, 50 checks may be quite some time ago. Odds are, they were received and forgotten about.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cchang

Post by cchang »

russellhltn wrote:You might want to take a look at how many checks you write. Odds are, 50 checks may be quite some time ago. Odds are, they were received and forgotten about.
I called Global Services and they said the next batch was supposedly automatically sent back in Dec. at which time we may have been below 50 checks. They couldn't confirm if it was actually automatically sent since it was 120 days ago and they can't confirm if it was actually received by our Branch President. We had those next batch of checks stop payment for now and sent the next batch after that. The good thing is that the batch check numbers all match up so there were no missing or stolen checks.
DavidEckholdt

Post by DavidEckholdt »

I just called Global Services and they told me that I have to call to re-order checks. Where does this "Automatically reordering" part of the process apply?

The online resource states "You do not need to order blank check stock. Once your supply of check stock reaches 50 or fewer blank checks, blank check stock is automatically ordered and sent to your unit."

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... s?lang=eng
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

My experience six weeks ago was that the checks were indeed automatically processed and sent to the bishop when our remaining stock was around 50 remaining. We had around 22 checks when the resupply arrived.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”