Printing check batch reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
JHomerIN

Printing check batch reports

Post by JHomerIN »

In the performance of an audit in a local unit an MLS question came up that I would like some help with.

I was not present when this question was asked of the auditor so I am trying to reconstruct the sequence that led to the question. My expertise is on the audit side so please be patient with my lack of detailed knowledge about MLS.

The described condition was one where several checks were printed and then the clerk selected the print menu for the batch report. He then found he had another check to print and without printing the batch report returned to the expense entry menu. He then noticed that while the checks previously created were all properly recorded he could not find a way to print a batch report for the first group of checks.

My supposition is that leaving the expense menu for the batch print menu had closed the batch and that returning to the expense entry menu to print another check created a new batch. Is that correct? If that is correct is there a way to recover the batch report for the first group of checks?
drepouille

Re: Printing check batch reports

Post by drepouille »

You get one chance to print that report. If you don't, then you can't reproduce it. This is not an audit exception, assuming you have the bishop's signature on some other document, such as the financial statement or the reimbursement request.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”